Making a halo video

Status
Not open for further replies.
want to hear the suggestions?
here.
sorry about the comments, this had the best quality I could find.

triad live (sounds cooler) DON'T WATCH IF YOU'RE EPILEPTIC!!!!!!

album version

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting mucis. I like it a lot.

And someone earlier asked me where I was going to get a mongoose.
At home, I have a light brown Honda Fourtrax. It looks very similar to the mongoose.

I can do the elite voices (or voice) pretty well. Do you want english or "leet" speak? hahaha

xalener said:
It better not be techno, breaking benjamin, evernescence, fallout boy, linkin park, or any other whiny/overly spiritual bands I might be missing...
I like the Idea though.

But I likes breaking benjamin and linkin park.

Sarge Christi said:
Interesting mucis. I like it a lot.

And someone earlier asked me where I was going to get a mongoose.
At home, I have a light brown Honda Fourtrax. It looks very similar to the mongoose.

That was me who asked... That sounds awesome... :p

Of course I know about Indy! Eric is my hero. He's supposed to be making me a cannon to shoot dirt up. You know, like when a bomb goes off?
I hope he does it. He's always so busy.

Basically, it's going to be badass. (Pardon the language). I have to get into shape, you'll see why.
I got a trainer. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
According to my friend, I need "girly abs".
I asked her wtf girly abs were.

"WTF are girly laps!" Sister.
LOL, i just had an RvB moment, my bad.

Chaos Factor is the song I'm using. I decided a while ago. It fits in very well with the overall theme of the video.
Hopefully my elite will be done by then. (Stupid elite with his long arms and tallness)

I need to also start cracking on weapons.
I might just buy some from link or something if I run out of time.

Sarge Christi said:
i;ll try to get someone's permission to use music. it might be best that way. *scratches head*

AS LONG AS YOU DONT INSTEND ON SELLING YOUR VIDEO, YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION TO USE MUSIC...

JUST SOME FYI...

Haha. Well, I'm just trying to see if everything's going accoring to plan. TwistedCory, thanks for yelling that at me, however, just in case it becomes something big, I'd love to have permission to use their song. Art of Chaos are cool peoples, they won't care. (PS, kill the caps, man)

Right now, I'm trying to get a spartan suit on schedule. Anytime in Dec. would be great, but I don't want to rush anything, so I could just postpone the video.

If I may say a thing or 2,

About making the vid, HELL YEAH go for it Sarge.

Some things can be done quite easely! All you need is the right equipment (home video camera preferably tape ones *better cuality for lower price) and a program like Adobe Movie maker (me and buddys use 6.0 i think) and can create GREAT home made effects!! Seriously! The best part of it all is that it allows you to use the Bleu/green- screen tech.

For those of you who don´t know it: Actors stand in front of a big even bleu or bright green screen and act, later in the edditing room they wipe out that color (make sure your actors don´t wear it!!!) and replace it with another background (which can be a very simple picture of some snowy plains. Look at www.impstherelentless.com for more info and to see a perfectly Movie industrial fan made video using mostly that technique.

As for the models and the peeps and vehicles. EX. if you need covenant, all you have to do is ask one of the whizkids here on the site to rip the 3-d models out of halo 3 and you can give them your own animation and paste tem right into Adobe moviemaker! thats how me and my friends did a Star Wars starship twisting Hologram in one of our very boring and very short vids.

As for mongoose for another ex. you can have the actor inquestion mount a bleu painted box or piece of wood fittid with belu painted cardboard parts RESEMBLING just a wee bit a mongoose, and later paste in the Halo 3 mongoose. Easy as that! it will take some time edditing, but then agian what movie´s don´t??

Just lemme now your opinions!

allright this about the brute on the mongoose.

I recommend you do not change it elites have double jointed legs and the brutes are kinda human,monkey wookie like.
although the hair is probably going to be a big pain in the ass.

Also ive got a nice idea, first let someone be the brute that drives on the mongoose then make sure you get a different camera angle so you don't see the brute. I recommend thats when the spartans climbs back on his/her feet.

then for the next part have the brute costume filled up with somthing soft enough to move but hard enough that it wont collapse somekind of foam thing (hey im dutch vocab is partially missing). then you could have the spartan litterally kick the brute off the mongoose. then finish up with a melee. then do whatever you want to do. this way noone will get hurt and the actor can well literally get a feel of the action.

Its a tremendous task to get the suit done so.

Then again this is only a suggestion.

I think that you should try to do it mostly live action, unless you have professional software, I think that all CG stuff looks bad. It's always better to do stuff for real. I'm making a marine movie and for any ships, I'm just gonna make a miniature with clay and foamcore and such and then shoot it on blue screen. You can bluescreen you actors on boxes or whatever to make it look like they're sitting. It's probably even easier to do some of the stuff live due to the difficulty of computer animation.

Just to clear some things up.

-This is real, there will be REAL actors, in REAL sets and in REAL costumes.

-There will be a brute on a mongoose, but I'm still going to try to put an elite in there. The elite will be looking down on the spartan until the spartan gets up.
Remember, elite and spartans are a team now. :)

-The brute will be punched off.

-It's going to be filmed in a grassy field. (Starry night, anyone?)

-I now thanks to Art of Chaos, have music.

This is things I have had planned out.
I need help with:

-designing multiple costume for cheap and quickly (ie, ODST, Marines)
-new brute pics (i can't find anyone)
-mongoose MOD ideas (how to turn a Honda Fourtrax into a badass)
-how should the soldiers fight? (I have no idea)
-Should there be more than one brute?
-Should I pop a grunt or two in there?

Stuff like that.

You could just use a simple coning effect to make it look like several Brutes when you've only got one. Same with Spartans if you can only get one suit and want more than one.

I thought about that, but, the brutes might cross paths, which would be bad for cloning, right?

You could use bluescreen to multiply the brutes. And if you want to put time into it, pepakura could work for the marines and ODST and that would cost next to nothing. As for the ATV, just paint it olive green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back