Making a ODST armor in titanium...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyWarrior

i was thinking of doing a FULL ODST armor in titanium... i won't be making it but i'll give the task to the pro's i was thinking something like this:

odst2.jpg

and i would like shade feature on the helmet, is there any way to do that?

and money won't be a problem.

what do you guys say?

i won't be making it but i'll give the task to the pro's i was thinking something like this:

Are you saying you want to to commision work to members of the forum? I think you misunderstood the purpose of the this site. This site is dedicated to teaching and sharing the experiences of making armor for personal use. It's not meant for random people to come and ask for people to build armor for them. If you want it, you build it yourself.

Are you saying you want to to commision work to members of the forum? I think you misunderstood the purpose of the this site. This site is dedicated to teaching and sharing the experiences of making armor for personal use. It's not meant for random people to come and ask for people to build armor for them. If you want it, you build it yourself.

im not asking you guys, im planning on asking the real guys who makes this kind of 'coustumes and props' all the time for movies and such.

im not asking you guys, im planning on asking the real guys who makes this kind of 'coustumes and props' all the time for movies and such.

I doubt they actually use titanium... they just paint it gray and lie to you in the movie about what it is :)

You can have this 3D-printed at one of the many 3D printing companys, they definitely do aluminium and steel, and I have at least heard rumors about titanium (can't find it at the moment). But this is really expensive and still does require some finishing, because the resulting surface is a bit rough. This depends on the look you want.
However - You do realise that even a homemade, high-quality plastic costume can hit a four-digit price tag? Assuming 3D-printed stainless steel with a price of 10 $ per cm³, using only one litre of material would cost 10000 $ and thus throw you right into the five-digit range. And I have my doubts that one litre is going to be enough, even if you hollow everything out.

Now don't take this the wrong way but how old are you and what do you expect to really spend on this suit?

Plus you do know that it will fairly heavy and it really won't have a practical use.

As long as you have the money, and u really want to do it then I say go for it :) none of us can stop you.. So I'm not going to judge. I would do it also if I had the money that would be cool.

Mangoes7

im 20 years old (born in 1990) titanium is fairly light compared to metall, so i thought i would the best material to build the suit in, but im also thinking about a carbon fiber shell with multiple layers of kevlar inside, what do you think?

This comes down to what your intent is for the armor? Throwing money into one material or another is kind of pointless depending on your final idea.

Yeah, it's not like any of us are gonna go battle a whole Covey army. I honestly think it would be a waste to make it out of titanium, or any other metal, and if all you're doing is showing it off ir makin some videos it doesnt need to be made of metal or Kevlar, it just needs to look awesome! :D

my intent is that its gonna look AWESOME! no, but seriously. it may be a waste to you guys, but its not really you're money either, is it? i honestly have no idea why people is so conserned about what other chooses to spend they're money on.

I say go for it! If money is no issue, then pursue. It'd honestly be really cool, but a lot more work than any other method, I'd assume. If you have the time and the motivation, it'd turn out awesome. If it doesn't turn out, at least it was a learning experience.
As you can tell, I don't think anyone has really tried it. So, props to you if you're willing to go for it.
People need to not be so harsh...

Not to bring you down or anything, but this seems a bit...overkill? You're going to have a prop company fabricate for you a full ODST suit made from titanium? Not to be a kill joy, but that doesn't seem to practical, the whole point of a costume and or prop is to "look" the part without actually being it. You also say you are 20? Grammatically speaking, the way you type your messages seems a bit off? Though, this is YOUR project, none of us here have the right to stop you from doing what you wish to do. All I can say is best of luck to you in your efforts.

I honestly think what makes it better that it's titanium? there's really nothing you can do in it other that run into things really hard maybe lol if it's all going to be painted, what is the big difference between pep, scult, and titanium?

Not to bring you down or anything, but this seems a bit...overkill? You're going to have a prop company fabricate for you a full ODST suit made from titanium? Not to be a kill joy, but that doesn't seem to practical, the whole point of a costume and or prop is to "look" the part without actually being it. You also say you are 20? Grammatically speaking, the way you type your messages seems a bit off? Though, this is YOUR project, none of us here have the right to stop you from doing what you wish to do. All I can say is best of luck to you in your efforts.
my spelling and grammar isn't the best since english is my second language.

I think the end result to this is: If you have the money then do it, asking us what we think or would do is mute since your going to pay someone else to do it (professional) and they are going to do it their way. All most of us would want is some pics to see how it turned out other wise this really is a pointless thread and should be closed based on the idea it isnt going anywhere other than into a flaming war at some point...

I honestly think what makes it better that it's titanium? there's really nothing you can do in it other that run into things really hard maybe lol if it's all going to be painted, what is the big difference between pep, scult, and titanium?

titanium is actully really light compared to metal and such. running in it wouldn't be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back