Props Making a Plasma Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickb2325

I was just wondering if anyone has good plans for making a realistic looking plasma grenade. I have tons of blue LEDs and am looking for a way to make one. I apologize in advance if there is a thread on here. I searched and people were talking about making them but no ideas as to how.

There's a battery powered device (like a usb something or other) that looks JUST like a plasma grenade, wouldn't take much work to alter. It was posted here a few days ago but I can't find it

Andrew L said:
actually its a laser ball that puts out a red laser for hanging things on a wall straightly. please search before asking.

He said he searched. As did I. Found nothing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I saw the Radio Shack thing, but i am actually looking for a way to make it myself. I have 100+ blue LEDs and I want to try and pack as many of them as i can into something. I would just end up drilling it out anyway.

Andrew L said:
actually its a laser ball that puts out a red laser for hanging things on a wall straightly. please search before asking.

THat's what it was. I could not remember for the life of me. Thank you :D lol

I am currently in contact with a company that can supply me with clear acrylic hollow spheres, figured that this would be a pretty good start, combined with LED internals...

You need the spheres to diffuse the LED light very evenly, else it will look like a ball full of blue LEDs
Sanding them, or otherwise introducing that kind of matt surface, is a good start for this (the spheres' surface i meant, although i suppose you could also try the LED bulb thing surface)

The acrylic spheres I am attempting to purchase are "Frosted" so as to diffuse the light in exactly the manner you mentioned.

If you coated an acrylic sphere with a blue over lay (light as to allow light through) and inserted orange/blue LEDs. If you look at a sticky, the outside is segmented into 4 blue panels with a perpandicluar clear line/gap that allows the orange/blue energy to build. Just an idea!

Andrew L said:

Laser Level actually

i work at a golf course and just the other night they had a night golf tourny and they were using clear golf balls with glow stix in them idk if this info would help, just an idea

what i am doing is i got some strofoam balls from hobby lobby and painted the blue. and orange for the outer ring. then i got some leds and cut a hole in the styrooam the inserted them the used a teeney switch to put in the hole :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back