Making A Resin Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortanafan

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to drop in and say that I’m really enjoying the forum and also to ask a quick question. I have a pic of a cross pendant that I would like to create out of resin so that I can hang it from a chain on my armor. My question is, would it be possible to make a pep file for it, or does anyone know of a good method that I could use to make something like this?

Here is the cross:

333y7bs2resize.jpg

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Well.. You could build a mold using smooth-on products. A lot of the other members are more familiar with making molds but they have a lot of information on the website: http://www.smooth-on.com/ So you may want to see what you can find there. OR a custom build, maybe using cardboard or something similar to pep.

instead of a pep, i would just find some thick, tough cardboard. trace, cut and resin. paint gold and some dry-brush black to muck it up a bit

Macattack64 said:
Well.. You could build a mold using smooth-on products. A lot of the other members are more familiar with making molds but they have a lot of information on the website: http://www.smooth-on.com/ So you may want to see what you can find there. OR a custom build, maybe using cardboard or something similar to pep.

LT-GRAVE said:
instead of a pep, i would just find some thick, tough cardboard. trace, cut and resin. paint gold and some dry-brush black to muck it up a bit

Those are both really good ideas. :) I don't have the actual cross but, I don't see why I couldn't print it out and trace it onto cardboard. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very nice looking cross!

Can't wait how you will add it to your ar-...Wait! What kind of armor are you going to make?

-Pony

Well making something that small will be more trouble. I believe you could go see a jewelry store and ask if they do customs based on pictures.

Even cutting carboard in such a small piece would be impossible as it would simply crush when cutted.

The only way I would recommend otherwize is styrene. One thick piece of styrene. Then make a one part mold.

Well depending on the size you could sculpt a cross out of clay then cover it with latex silicone like the tubes of it from a hardware sore then you can use the mold of the cross to make it in resin.

Print the design. Use a dremel and cut it out of a piece of scrapmetal. Round the edges by sanding and use rub n' buff for the proper color. Then you'll have a durable real metal cross.

You only need a mold if you plan on making a lot of them.

I know I might sound silly... But, why not just buy one?

I mean, propably a billion people got something like that on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back