Making An Armor ... In 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

uman

Hello !

First let me introduce myself, my name is ulysse i'm french and i'm an exchenge student in texas, and i'm leaving soon (the 18th) o_O .

During my year in texas i had lot's of free time on the computer and i started making 3D. I think now i (might) have enouth knowledge and skills about it to make a very short video in 3D about halo, I have been looking for blueprints around the web and I didn't find any (that I needed) and then it's where I came up on your website :) I'm looking principaly for the blueprint of the masterchief's armor and the brute plasma rifle, to be able to make it in 3D, I'm really new on this forum and my internet connection over here is very limited so i couldn't explore a lot in this huge forum to find it myself (i'm sorry for that).

It would be awesome if you could help me :)

Thanks for your help and for this website.

Uman

(I promess to thank 405th in the credit :p )

Welcome to the 405th!

We have some very talented 3d modelers on this site. It's cool that you want to make the model yourself, some people here just use the in-game models.

Oddly enough I know a foreign exchange student... She's from Mexico, so I doubt you know her. ;) She's going back next Sunday. :'-( She lives about 60 miles away from where I do, she's staying with one of my teachers... but doesn't go to the same school as me... Anyway, I'm rambling now.... So, once again, welcome to the 405th, have fun and make cool armor.

Hello,

Thanks for those fast answer, i might get interested by the Pepakura website, I just don't really know about the PDO files, im waiting to be in france with my high speed connection to figure that out :)

some people here just use the in-game models

Do you mean there is a way to import the game armor into a 3D software directly ? I just want the armor that looks like the one in the game, I'm not affraid to make it on my own but if I could have the one from the game, I'll take it :).

Last edited by a moderator:
uman said:
Hello,

Thanks for those fast answer, i might get interested by the Pepakura website, I just don't really know about the PDO files, im waiting to be in france with my high speed connection to figure that out :)
Do you mean there is a way to import the game armor into a 3D software directly ? I just want the armor that looks like the one in the game, I'm not affraid to make it on my own but if I could have the one from the game, I'll take it :).

Yes, there's a way, but I'm pretty sure it would be easier for you to make your own model than trying to extract the game model. I hear its quite a bit of work. :D

CPU64 said:
Yes, there's a way, but I'm pretty sure it would be easier for you to make your own model than trying to extract the game model. I hear its quite a bit of work. :D

well if it can be used to reproduce exactly the same armor I think it will be the best solution, I got halo 1&2 on pc do you know where i can find a tutorial to do it ? or do you know somebody that could send me the model he already exported ?

thank you :)

NZ-TK said:
You can download the model packs from halomaps.org I think

Thank you! I saw some models, unfortunatly there were home made, I don't want to take a fan-model, I want the official one or my own... im going to figure out by myself how extract the model from the game (I think i can import the .map of the cd)

NZ-TK said:
You can download the model packs from halomaps.org I think

Those are compiled tags, right? You'd need to unlock them, and most creators put encryptions on their models to stop decompiling, I believe.

Unless they have raw .max/.3ds files there, in which case I'm an idiot.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Those are compiled tags, right? You'd need to unlock them, and most creators put encryptions on their models to stop decompiling, I believe.

Unless they have raw .max/.3ds files there, in which case I'm an idiot.

you aren't an idiot, but there is .map file and some model .2ds /.max, but those aren't from the game, fan made those, and I prefer make my own than take somebody else creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back