Making Low Detail Into High Detail...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after trying several times, ive decided that my fingers and brain just arent cut out (no pun intended) to do some of the folding required for the high detail pep parts. so ive decided to go ahead with the low - med detail pieces, and then detail later. what i need from you guys is suggestions or tips on how to do this. adding bondo, dremmel, etc. etc. if youve done something like this i would love to hear from you. and if you have any pictures at all to go with your posts, that would be friggin sweet.

thanks in advance!

It would take a lot of bondo and sanding and it will be heavier if you do that, I suggest you go the extra mile and do the hi def, you will save a lot of grief later.

its not working for me. thats what im trying to get across. ive gone thru 5 forearms, and cant ever get it to look even remotely good in some places. time isnt a problem. i have barely under a year until next dcon, and im a patient guy. weight also isnt a problem. as a veteran ghostbuster, im used to having 60+ lbs of gear. i would rather lengthen the process and make it look good, than shorten the process and have to settle for whatever pep models my hands will vomit out.

You can add raised details with sheet styrene or illustration board, details that are indented can be carved out with files, chisels, dremel, etc. I don't have any pics of how-to's yet, MLC has a very good thread that includes pictures of how he made the old low def pep files into HD armor.

I did a similar thing with my first helmet, not on purpose i might add (on my first one i made so many mistakes).

The trick is building up plenty of bondo so you can cut into it with a dremel and get the details. It takes a while but it can be done. There will be lots of fill, sand, primer, fill, sand, primer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back