Mandalorian Armour Build - W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you that the supports are a must. Otherwise it will warp badly. Going great so far. Also try sintra for the armour, just cut out the shapes using the WoF templates once they are sized and then use a heat gun to mold them to your body. Also any ideas on the flightsuit and vest you will use, because if not then check out the mando mercs cause they should help you with that.

I can tell you that the supports are a must. Otherwise it will warp badly. Going great so far. Also try sintra for the armour, just cut out the shapes using the WoF templates once they are sized and then use a heat gun to mold them to your body. Also any ideas on the flightsuit and vest you will use, because if not then check out the mando mercs cause they should help you with that.

Thanks and yeah the supports include a chin area and a circle shape to go inside the helmet though it may have to come out afterwards - For the flightsuit Im really not sure and stuck on what to get - Im 14 years old and around 5'7'' and rather skinny so far on the mandolorian mercs i havnt had much luck - all help is appreciated guys and thanks again!

good job on the helmet - I have one pep'd but haven't gone any farther with it - your 'cheeks' turned out a LOT better than mine did. I have resin & fiberglass available but it has been too cold to use. One thought I had about supports (for resin on the outside) was to inflate a balloon inside the helmet to hold its shape while applying resin to the outside. Haven't done it myself, but thought i'd put it out there as another possible option. keep up the good work!

good job on the helmet - I have one pep'd but haven't gone any farther with it - your 'cheeks' turned out a LOT better than mine did. I have resin & fiberglass available but it has been too cold to use. One thought I had about supports (for resin on the outside) was to inflate a balloon inside the helmet to hold its shape while applying resin to the outside. Haven't done it myself, but thought i'd put it out there as another possible option. keep up the good work!

Thanks and yeah that sounds like a good idea - would it be strong enough I dont know but may be worth trying at some point

Okay so Im ordering Materials for the Armour soon - I have decided on EVA as i may be working on some Assassins Creed Armour ( Possibly Cesare ) for some Friends - Again all help is appreciated.

We are planning on going to MCM London May so far im the only Mandalorian but im not worried! The event looks awesome and hopefully i will finish by then.

If you are in London you will most likely bump into Vok'chi clan, the UK clan in the mercs, they should be able to help you.
For a flightsuit it is very simple either army surplus or get some overalls and dye them to get the colour you want, the big problem you will have is a flak vest, unless you are great at sewing that is.
Can we get some pics of the templates cut out and taped to you, so we can see how big or small they are on you, also good luck, as I said put in some support struts then use a bucket inside while resining or if you are brave try modding a Hasbro Fett helmet, there are some tutorials on the mercs I believe.

Thanks for the advice.

the vest was going to be made from a template similiar to a vest and cut out of a fabric with the correct colour - the flight suit i am really unsure of what to get but im going to get that later this ye4ar i think unless i see a deal in the meanwhile .

All help is appreciated .

any updates on this. Curious to see how it is going. Will you be going to CEII, later this year.

There is an event in May that the mercs will be going to http://www.collectormania.com/miltonkeynes/ Go to this link to find out more. They will also be at LFCC (I thinK) soon.

Wow I live relativly close to Milton Keynes and I dont know about this! I havnt planned on going to this event but I may go - MCM London May is my main goal this year in terms of finishing my costume and still havning enough money to go there for possibly a few days.

Good luck with your goal. I talked to the regional Commander for the UK, they can not go there in any official stance, cause the organizers have only asked for 501st. However as I said Milton Keynes is an event that the Mando mercs have been invited to, if you get a chance, go over and say hi, also check them out soon at LFCC soon.
Finally, how have things been going with this kit, you have been quite for a while.

Hello!

The EVA Foam has arrived!

I have already started work on the armor pieces.

Exaldear do you mind if I use your gun design - It looks really good so far - Keep up the good work too!

Pictures uploaded soon.

Okay here is my work so far:

Video800052-04_zps1c526d13.jpg

Video800002-22_zps9ffff006.jpg

Video800000-01_zpsac3ef49d.jpg

Video800100-02_zpsa321393f.jpg

The gun is Three layers of around 1cm thick EVA Foam which will be sanded to produce curves and I am thinking of putting something inside to stop the foam bending.
The other areas are not thermoformed yet.

What would be a good vest to attach the armor to?

All help is appreciated and you guys have all been awesome so far!

Littlebigmikey.

That gun design is the verpine shatter rifle. A classic for Mandalorians everywhere, go ahead. There is a template somewhere on the mando mercs site, though I do not know where.

That gun design is the verpine shatter rifle. A classic for Mandalorians everywhere, go ahead. There is a template somewhere on the mando mercs site, though I do not know where.

Oh right okay - The gun you can see above in the images was my adaptation of the rifle - Though the two are fairly similair.

I typed in a hole lot of feed back and it never showed oh well.

A few things I have seen.
1) Foam looks to be to thick for the legs (again I suggest Sintra)
2) Collar needs to be one piece not two
3) Curve required on most armour pieces
4) Please tape the pieces to your body so we can see sizing.

Hope these help you, please do not take any criticism the wrong way.

I typed in a hole lot of feed back and it never showed oh well.

A few things I have seen.
1) Foam looks to be to thick for the legs (again I suggest Sintra)
2) Collar needs to be one piece not two
3) Curve required on most armour pieces
4) Please tape the pieces to your body so we can see sizing.
Hope these help you, please do not take any criticism the wrong way.

The legs should be okay i ters of thickness - The heavy look is one that I am thinking of going for.
The collar does need to be in one peice you are correct and so I must do that area again - I already knew this but I really need to get round to doing it.
What do you mean by curve on all Armor peices? If you mean they all need to be thermoformed (Except the helmet) then yes I know.
Okay I will do soon and thanks for the feedback!
Do you guys think that a mandalorian with heavy armor could work?
I value your critisism as long as its helpfull!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back