Mandalorian Armour Build - W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it matter what anyone else thinks? You're making a custom mandalorian, do what makes you happy. I personally think a heavily armored mando would look cool.

What does it matter what anyone else thinks? You're making a custom mandalorian, do what makes you happy. I personally think a heavily armored mando would look cool.
Awesome! Yeah i agree and hopefully it will look really good and something different
,yet original and still looks good.

Okay guys, Update!

Incase I didn't mention I have bought some paint and materials for the armour.
I have got a crimson coloured material for the Kama and Crimson paint for the plates.
The materials have been thermoformed and I have used a Dremel to smooth the edges and in the process a weathers look has appeared - Something of which I quite like but if I want to further the weathered look I'm going to need to use some paint techniques.

Pictures will be up very soon (hopefully)

Yeah - If you are implying the little incident on the forum then yeah - I did rant on a litttle sorry.

Yeah, still with that out of the way, looks as if you will get the help you need from most of them, though expect the odd comment about foam and using Sintra. If you are lucky there way be an armour party that you could go to, meet a few of the locals, and get some tips from them, just check the local boards.

Now on to armour business how will you be doing the helmet, I can not remember if you are buying or making.

Yeah, still with that out of the way, looks as if you will get the help you need from most of them, though expect the odd comment about foam and using Sintra. If you are lucky there way be an armour party that you could go to, meet a few of the locals, and get some tips from them, just check the local boards.

Now on to armour business how will you be doing the helmet, I can not remember if you are buying or making.

Thanks for the advice and yes an armor party / cosplay party would be cool.
As seen earlier on this thread the helmet has been made using Pepakura and will be fibreglassed etc.
Still not 100% on how to do the helmet and I'm always looking for advice.

A friend of mine is looking to make some Mandalorian armour, though that is still not definite.

I have started a small, part - time build. This is going to be Garen's sword from a game called League Of Legends.
Some refer to the sword as Demacian Justice so bear this is mind if you are trying to find out what I'm talking about!

Pictures will be up soon.

Guys! Its been a while!

Since I last posted I have finished my costume and been to the convention!

Had a blast wearing it, also had great reactions to my costume, even photos being taken!

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and gave me invaluable advice over the last 6 months.

DSC_0038_zps622f4ad3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back