Marine Armor Front Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

Thought I'd start making some marine armor this is what I id this afternoon from scatch, I'll post more progress pics later.

marine.jpg

marine2.jpg

marine3.jpg

marine4.jpg

Looks like you're off to a great start. Looks pretty good for one afternoon and cardboard! Keep it up and keep us posted.

Woa, very impressive, honestly, if I could do that with cardboard, I'd have made myself a set of marine armor by now! I never understand how people can do such cool stuff with cardboard, I've never been able to manage.

volkov said:
Woa, very impressive, honestly, if I could do that with cardboard, I'd have made myself a set of marine armor by now! I never understand how people can do such cool stuff with cardboard, I've never been able to manage.

well you made halo armor I would think it would be easier once you've mastered that

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! You're off to a great start! So did you create a model of it and use pep for templates? Or just draw straight onto the card?

Nice work!

Skupilkinson said:
Very cool! You're off to a great start! So did you create a model of it and use pep for templates? Or just draw straight onto the card?

Nice work!
Thanks! I looked at the game and drew it myself on the card board no pep or 3D model was used it was from scatch

Wow, you still amaze me with your cardboard work, timecon. Keep it up, and gimme somma dat. :p

Can't believe i missed this topic. I only saw it when I checked out your profile. Yeah man, this is great. Really neat/clean edges, especially seeing as it's cardboard. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Wow!! thanks guys for all the comments I really appreciate that!

One thing I forgot to mention this is for a girl marine not that its different but the size it smaller it wouldn't fit me, I'll post pics of the model later, the back is bondoed but not sanded yet so I'll post pics on the weekend. have to go over to my bro they don't have internet where I live yet

what kind of tools do you use? like the top/middle vents: did you use a knife or scalp.,box cutter?
great job!

JediStumpy said:
what kind of tools do you use? like the top/middle vents: did you use a knife or scalp.,box cutter?
great job!
tools I used were:
metal ruler, pen, and really nice exacto knife. The vents were made by cutting off the top layer of card board away the trick is to make sure the line are going the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back