Marine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ojrtega said:
woah that helmet owns i hope my final chief helmet turns out almost as well as that marine helmet

i definatly agree

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfc-S.Myers said:
Lol, Lake Charles man.

Yeah, I'm worried that the clay will be a bit of hell since I plan on putting padding in. Probably going to ditch that idea entirely.

I had a random idea of making one out of hollow paper mache, and filling in with a concrete mixture to add in realistic weight and hardness, but have a smooth texture with some decent paint.

Hard to tell, but I don't have the money for making a silicone mold with a plastic helmet (this, based on the ODST reference directly from 405th)

honestly your best bet is to make them from pepakura and then fiberglass them. it is practically the cheapest way to make a helmet, and its sturdy enough for role playing.

before i knew about pepakura, i just made cardboard over existing helmets, and then fiberglassed it. thats also a possibility, but the trick is finding a helmet that is small enough to add on to without becoming misproportioned.

I think the roleplayings cool and all but isnt it a bit over the top with background stories and stuff. Anyways just og with pepakura and fiberglass it. look at the stickies under pepakura and cardboard armor.

Or better yet go with the original idea and sunder a Biker helmet. Has the visor and everything just needs some sawing off and adding on, not to mention it'd have the padding pre-built in and everything xD

Pfc-S.Myers said:
Or better yet go with the original idea and sunder a Biker helmet. Has the visor and everything just needs some sawing off and adding on, not to mention it'd have the padding pre-built in and everything xD

i used a baseball helmet for my daft punk one. so its possible. you just dont wanna get a big helmet thats gonna look even bigger and goofier when you add to it.

DavidHouston said:
Damn I didn't know anyone was from Louisiana on here. I'm from Shreveport.

new orleans man, then again my mjolnir armor kinda gives that away.

Im impressed, that looks pretty nice. *Raises hand* I suggest doing something a little destructive to the helm. Unlike the cheif the Maries get hit more. And therefore have a greater messed up armor get up. Follow? That was a bit Vague but... Im trying! :p

Remira said:
Im impressed, that looks pretty nice. *Raises hand* I suggest doing something a little destructive to the helm. Unlike the cheif the Maries get hit more. And therefore have a greater messed up armor get up. Follow? That was a bit Vague but... Im trying! :p

Ironically enough my character is supposed to be WIA. So that would actually make for good reason of having scraps and what not. So what I'm thinking about doing is strapping the helmet on when it's finished and deliberately throwing myself to the concrete to put some debris marks and what not.

However the main wound is either going to be a plasma shot or spiker round. General area I don't know of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back