Marine Helmet/armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooh! shiniez! lol great looking helm, its gonna look great when ya get it done.

Woot for paper hats and cardboard guns!

Well look for a update this weekend guys I have been slammed at work so I have been unable to work on this this week. Update coming soon.

Cheers!

Awesome job on both helmets, what clay are you using? And is that a styrofoam wig form, or plastic?
Oh, and how much clay have you used for a full helmet, 20ish pounds?

Spartan117x said:
Awesome job on both helmets, what clay are you using? And is that a styrofoam wig form, or plastic?
Oh, and how much clay have you used for a full helmet, 20ish pounds?

I am using some kind of plasticina/oilclay from hobbylobby $13 for 4.5lbs I have used approxamately 12lbs on the marine helmet so far.

I was using a wig form at first then I made a styrofoam one the same size as my head to cut down on the amount of clay I have to use.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Privateer said:
I am using some kind of plasticina/oilclay from hobbylobby $13 for 4.5lbs I have used approxamately 12lbs on the marine helmet so far.

I was using a wig form at first then I made a styrofoam one the same size as my head to cut down on the amount of clay I have to use.

Cheers!
That helps a lot, thanks! Looks like I'm going to have to go to hobby lobby tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions its what helps drive me to improve my skills. The marine is ready for moulding I will have new pics up tonight after I get off work.

Ok a few finished pics before this goes under the pink stuff. The CEO snapped a few pics of me fussing over a few lines as well lol. :cautious:

marine8.jpg

marine7.jpg

marine5.jpg

marine3.jpg

marine6.jpg

Cheers!

Super-Duper!!!
Look's like chocolate kinda! Just in time for Easter!

Also: Sorry, but I Looked over your topics, couldn't find it: What type of clay are you using? (brand, soft, med., hard, Sulfer free?) Thanks

Privateer said:
The brand is Van Aken from hobby lobby and if I had to guess since I dont remember I would say med or hard.

Thanks! Glad I have a Hobby Lobby store close to me! Might go pick up a pound to two here after I get my new project a few steps forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back