Marine Helmet/armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Privateer said:
Try the scaling sticky in the pep area It helps alot. HonestlyI hate building pep parts with a passion so Im really not the one to give advise on it lol..

lol, thanks, sadly enough there isn't any scaling info there. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
you just using that plaque to get it smooth?
Man awsomeness...

Do i sense elite? just saying...

Im in the process of filming a small video update on how I work with the clay and what tools I use. I hope to have it up sometime tomorrow.

Cheers!

Privateer said:
Im in the process of filming a small video update on how I work with the clay and what tools I use. I hope to have it up sometime tomorrow.

Cheers!
Please do - I can't wait to see you in action... :)

(y)

I'd like to see a vid of that too. Is that feathering tool a specialized sculpting tool, or is it repurposed from elsewhere? It kinda looks like a carpenter's cabinet scraper... o_O

Privateer said:
Which one is the flight helmet? I have finished the Pilots helm if thats what your talking about.

pilot3.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys I hope to have some more updates for yall after I get off work tonight.

Cheers!

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen :cry:. Great job.

Loess said:
(y)

I'd like to see a vid of that too. Is that feathering tool a specialized sculpting tool, or is it repurposed from elsewhere? It kinda looks like a carpenter's cabinet scraper... o_O

The vid is uploading as I type its poor sound quality but you should get the picture. The feathering tool comes in a potters set from Hobby Lobby its just a thin flexible pieceof stainless steel, very usefull.

Cheers!

Loess said:
Ah, I see now.

Thanks a bunch! Now time to plan a trip to Hobby Lobby. :cool:

seconded... was thinking that after i saw his pilot sculpt.

where is this video at man? i need to learn.

Privateer... feel like doing any trades... marine cast for a pilot cast *elbow, elbow*

Hmm Possibly :D Well I have tried most of the day to get this vid uploaded and have given up and put it up on photobucket. I also was able to put more detail into the helm as well as another coat of paint to make it smoother for the moulding process. I still have alot of smoothing to do to it and I need to extend the cheek pcs a little. The recessed areas wont be a issue as far as smoothness I will be texturing the entire helmet and they will be flat black.

marine1.jpg

marine2.jpg

OK No vid yet Ill have to rework it I buried 30 seconds of music someplace in it and photobucket and youtube are kicking the link out.

Cheers!

this is great work. If we had a featured artist of the week, you'd definately be it.

Once again I am highly impressed. Great job. I never know what to expect from you. I'm gonna send you a PM.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back