Marine HUD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedRhyme713

Jr Member
Hi everyone

Help please I'm currently drawing up the plans for my Marine helmet as seen in Forward Till Dawn as you can see they have an orange hud goggle not quite as unclear as spartan helmets but still a google like build has anyone had this issue or could recommend how to over come this issue with some friendly help my budget for just sole helmet is about £70 i have about £35 left to budget for the visor and finishing touches

If you can get a cheap motorcycle visor you could just cut that up. Otherwise, some clear acrylic and some window tint might work.

You mean these?

You could even use lenses from safety googles like the one I posted in the bottom. If you want you could always make the horizontal like very lightly so it wouldn't break the plastic, but IMO such glasses fit perfectly.

uvex-glasses.jpg

Halo-4-Forward-Unto-Dawn.jpg

Not sure where in Europe you are or what resources you have, but here in our hobby shops there is a product called clear polystyrene, clear plastic and you can bend it and shape it how you want and then tint it.

You could even use lenses from safety googles like the one I posted in the bottom. If you want you could always make the horizontal like very lightly so it wouldn't break the plastic, but IMO such glasses fit perfectly.
From watching the documentaries on the FUD Blu-Ray, that's basically what was used for the screen-used props. Except they were of a one-piece lens design (to prevent warping), and fully transparent.

Sort of like these -
406775.jpg

From watching the documentaries on the FUD Blu-Ray, that's basically what was used for the screen-used props. Except they were of a one-piece lens design (to prevent warping), and fully transparent.

Sort of like these -
View attachment 27936

Yeah, just basically any of these. It's just what you'll find and you'll think looks best. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back