Mark I Iron Man helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belakor said:
And I assembled a Mark III helmet that I got off the LoH forum, just playing with this for now... and it's not the modern helmet I was talking about in a previous post ;)

Do you think you can post a link to the modern helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
helios said:
Wow. That will be a lot of helmets. Will the list include various other continuties, such as "House of M", "Ultimates" and other such thingys?
Possibly, just depends on the amount of references I can find. If there are plenty of good references and it's not a minor helmet variation (like the change between the ToS#39 helmet and the #40 helmet) then I'll probably end up doing it eventually :D

Crook said:
Do you think you can post a link to the modern helmet?
Sure: Link
It's in that post on the LoH forum, you'll only need the head pieces though
(I've got a few other bits in the zip file, the spine and other stuff)

Crook said:
Oh I thought you had a different set. Thx though.
I just re-read your post, were you meaning the other modern helmet? If so I wont be of much help there either :p That's going to be a scratch build like the Mk I, I may do a template but I'm not really sure.

Belakor said:
Possibly, just depends on the amount of references I can find. If there are plenty of good references and it's not a minor helmet variation (like the change between the ToS#39 helmet and the #40 helmet) then I'll probably end up doing it eventually :D
I guess that rules out about eight Ultimate Ironman Varients. In the first Ultimates omnibus(?) there is a 'hall of honour'-type thing that showed about eight old varients.

helios said:
I guess that rules out about eight Ultimate Ironman Varients. In the first Ultimates omnibus(?) there is a 'hall of honour'-type thing that showed about eight old varients.
I'll have to have a look for that, I've not really had much to do with the Ultimates storyline but if the helmets look cool enough I might have to do the variants ;)

Mark I update time:

Finished up most of the fiberglass work today:
th_DSCF2429wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2430wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2431wtmk.jpg
th_DSCF2432wtmk.jpg th_DSCF2433wtmk.jpg

Only need to do the eye and a little more smoothing, then it's just a matter of adding the weld on the rear section and tidying up the pieces that run up the sides/top and then hinge area.
I'll be repainting the whole thing again as well, the face got a bit damaged during the fiberglassing and it'll be easier to do it all at once rather than trying to match the washes.

As with the Recon helmet, I painted this up last week for a meeting I had yesterday:
th_IMG_1810wtmk.jpg th_IMG_1811wtmk.jpg th_IMG_1812wtmk.jpg

I had to remove all the paint I had done previously because I decided to reshape the front a little. Still more painting to do to the front though. *The green/blue thing behind the mask is a hunk of glass that I used to prop the helmet up ;)

Belakor said:
As with the Recon helmet, I painted this up last week for a meeting I had yesterday:
th_IMG_1810wtmk.jpg th_IMG_1811wtmk.jpg th_IMG_1812wtmk.jpg

I had to remove all the paint I had done previously because I decided to reshape the front a little. Still more painting to do to the front though. *The green/blue thing behind the mask is a hunk of glass that I used to prop the helmet up ;)

nice, looking good, how many projects you working on now?

Zenzeigan said:
nice, looking good, how many projects you working on now?
Too many... probably 20 or so, though most are on hold until I get more supplies and sort some stuff out so it's more like five current projects (most of which are rather large multi-piece projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back