Mark V Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikyVengeance

hello, once again.

I made a better version of the Mark V helmet.

but since its alittle too big I am on the line on redoing it to a smaller scale or just adding padding.

There will be LED's and fan's in.

I still shall see.

This is my helmet which I'm hoping to use for the release of Reach.

I am planning on resining it, fiberglassing, bondo-ing lol and painting. I want this to be a good looking helmet. Any last minute tips before I resin it?

Has anyone done this helmet and can give me any warning or advice on working with it.

anything would be much appreciated! : )

adventSpartanMatrix said:
nice work good to see it's going well

word of advice is don't resin the visor area as it's a pain to remove once resined

well, I won't care getting some on it because I'm planning on getting a Dremel Tool :p

which would hopefully help out when I try to cut the visor out also :p

me wearing the helmet! : P

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking very, very good. I look forward to seeing another MK V on here.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
Looking very, very good. I look forward to seeing another MK V on here.

- Adulese

yay thank you :p

I tried to be alittle more original :p

and the first halo is probably my most memorable game to me.

This came out really good!

Between doing a Mark V and an ODST helmet I chose the ODST as my first project but it's coming out difficult. I was going to choose the mark v because it seemed more blocky.

Anyway, great job.

What version of the Mark V pep file is this?

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
This came out really good!

Between doing a Mark V and an ODST helmet I chose the ODST as my first project but it's coming out difficult. I was going to choose the mark v because it seemed more blocky.

Anyway, great job.

What version of the Mark V pep file is this?

I decided to only do the helmet also because of the blocky-ness lol

I used Rundown's Mark V.

its on the Halo Costuming Wiki and I had it scaled to 30 cm ( default )

Nice work man. First time i saw it in the gallery i thought it was a mod youd done, but then realised it was normal. lol.

I like it.

bankz5152 said:
Nice work man. First time i saw it in the gallery i thought it was a mod youd done, but then realised it was normal. lol.

I like it.

haha thanks : P

shucks, I'm not that talented lol

That's some awesome pep work my friend. Everytime i see these mark V threads i want to go and make one. Did you say that you were only making the helmet? Why?

Looking good. I really like seeing a fellow mark V maker.(I want to get my armor finished for the release of Halo: Reach too) I too tried to make rundown's helmet, but it came out too small, and it is now just a marker-painted gaming helmet. The second time I tried, I used default scaling and it came out big enough for a gorilla. So I went with Moz's helmet, mostly because the rest of my armor was by him. I am now finished with the pep, but I finished just in time for a nice 5-7 month north Wisconsin winter. No resining for a long time. Good luck with your helmet! :D

Darkfire said:
That's some awesome pep work my friend. Everytime i see these mark V threads i want to go and make one. Did you say that you were only making the helmet? Why?

sorry for the uber late reply but I'm only going to make the helmet because I'm going to be in line for the reach game which I will mostly standing and I dont want to do much :pI have alot of other projects ahead! :)

@ Ponchato:

thank you :)

@ robbysheldon:

I love the Mark V the best because it brings me back to the good ol days :p

I actually used the default scale :pits huuge but doesnt look too bad :pI dont thiink so. which I hope to believe!

do you have any pictures of your helmet?

MikyVengeance said:
@ robbysheldon:

I love the Mark V the best because it brings me back to the good ol days :p

I actually used the default scale :pits huuge but doesnt look too bad :pI dont thiink so. which I hope to believe!

do you have any pictures of your helmet?

Well, I am unfortunately of the people who heard all the hype about Halo 3 and then decided to get it. It was later that I got Halo ce for the PC, and it was way better in my opinion.(I have a copy of Halo 2 reserved for me at the local game store, going to pick it up this saturday) Hmm... your default scaling did turn out smaller than mine... must be my printer. And here's a pic of my fully pepped helmet and armor.(it's MOZ's helmet, too ashamed of my too-small rundown)

robbysheldon said:
Well, I am unfortunately of the people who heard all the hype about Halo 3 and then decided to get it. It was later that I got Halo ce for the PC, and it was way better in my opinion.(I have a copy of Halo 2 reserved for me at the local game store, going to pick it up this saturday) Hmm... your default scaling did turn out smaller than mine... must be my printer. And here's a pic of my fully pepped helmet and armor.(it's MOZ's helmet, too ashamed of my too-small rundown)

that looks REALLY awesome!

Do you have Halo CE? I might be getting it soon lol so maybe we can try playing or something!

Your armor looks very nice :)

what color are you planning to paint it?

I think I made the same helmet you did except came out really small so I decided to make it a tester just to test out painting and weathering :p

looks good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back