Mark Vi 1st And 2nd Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch 22

Well, I started off by making the HD version of the Mark VI helmet but the scaling was slightly off (to small). If I wanted room for padding and such the helmet needed to be bigger. Plus being as OCD (actually CDO it needs to be in alphabetic order) as I am I didn't like how the top was mishaped and warped.

H1completeleft.jpg
H1completerear.jpg

So here goes round two,(din, ding) I decided to go with the Fraz pep files as they are less detail, and essentially easier and quicker to make. I hope to be able to add some detail later during the bondo stage. I also decided to try a different scoring method: using a pen to score rather than the dull side of my xacto knife. I found that sometimes I would cut through the paper even with the dull side. Also taking Skullcandy girls advice, I am scoring all pieces before actually cutting them out. By the way this is more efficent. Here are some pics of my WIP of the Mjlonir Mark VI armor. Not much yet as I just got started yesterday. More to come as I progress.

scoring-1.jpg
cutouts.jpg

Here are the tools I am using to make the armor. I use the xacto knife for fine cuts and the scissors for bigger cuts. I switched to a metal ruler because I can get better accuracy with both my cuts and scores. I used a red pen and a blue pen for scoring. I chose blue over black because initially with black I cut one of the fold by mistake. Rookie error I know! Lastly, the cutting mat so as not to cut my desk all to pieces. Also some other important tools would be good lighting, and music!

supplies-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you look like your set to go! and its good how you saw an issue and decided to give it another shot!

Improvise!
Adapt!
Overcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back