Mark VI armour my first true build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to paintball with halo armor, it has to be molded, as in the video above. Or vacuformed very thickly. You will notice actual paintball masks are plastic, and unless you have a few hundred $'s layin around it will cost too much. For safety's sake, you could do pep and fiberglass at least an inch in there, but if you do that to save money, wear certified paintball armor under it.

well guys i have decided that after trying to do a master chief scale of a hand guard that im just going to make mine to wear and ill post pics when i get done with the hand guard because i wanted to practice and i want yalls feed back on this thanks

well guys i have decided that after trying to do a master chief scale of a hand guard that im just going to make mine to wear and ill post pics when i get done with the hand guard because i wanted to practice and i want yalls feed back on this thanks

That is probably a smart idea. People get on here all the time saying they are going to paintball/airsoft in it and make it out of metal and kevlar and all sort of ridiculous things that never come to fruition. but i hope you stick with it and good luck on all your pepping.

Look at what what Spitfire said earlier:

I'd suggest actually starting some work and documenting it with some photos to share instead of just posting an update only stating your plans.

Notice something?

It would also benefit the quality of your posts if you at least tried to use punctuation marks and correct spelling.

Hey guys necrogenisis totally just made a bulletproof ODST chestplate!

Lol JK , seriously dont even go there or you might try it.

OK here are the pics tell me what you think i was all criticism
Snapshot_20110716.jpg

and here it is finished
Snapshot_20110716_7.jpg

I want to do Emile`s knife but my uncle wants me to make him an energy sword. I don`t know what to do. I can`t up load the images sorry guys. But, give me feed beck :).

Looks pretty good to me, maybe a bit twisted. I can't see the picture very well.
On the photobucket page there are 4 code boxes. To post a picture on here, click the bottom box and it will say "copied...". Simply paste in the text box on here. Hopefully, that will help.

Ok thanks for both the opinion and how to use photo bucket and today i did Emile`s knife
Snapshot_20110716_11.jpg
[/IMG]
and down the middle
Snapshot_20110716_10.jpg

Well as we are starting to see some pic's now, I'll chime in on the Subject. 405th will not condone this action because we build props not real armor. But I will also say Yes... it can be done.

So here's my advice on the mater. Pep you're MC. Find you're method to harden it ( Fiberglass, smooth cast, ect. ) then when you have it all done up you will 1. know what you're doing very well. 2. Be able to show people that yes I know what I'm talking about. 3. Have a model to work from with all the scaling all worked out. 4. And finely after you have it all built you can always cast a mother mold off it and make a suit that will actually work for this type of activity so you can say... Hay!!! Here's the pic's to prove it.

Now, of course you could ask how would I know any thing about this. In the Marines I wore heavy armor and had to train in it all day every day for months just to move in it the right way. In my current job I wear body armor every day and I will say this about armor. Weight will slow you down. Heat will slow you down. Not being flexible enuf will slow you down. Not enuf padding will WILL HURT and any thing that's sharp ( raw metal) will just down right get you seriously hurt.

So Plastic's, foam's and/or any combination of the two Should work well, IF done well. The balls in you're court now, Show us what you can do.

I expect to see nothing short of excellence in the SAFETY of you're build!

Well thorn thank you for that advice but, I said earlier this week that for now my first build was going to be one to wear and not play paint ball in. But trust me though when and if i make one for paint ball my main concern will and always will be safety. I would never post something that others might try and emulate that could get them hurt. Nor would i wear the armor if I was unsure how it would hold up. Each piece would go through rigorous test before being used in paint ball. But thank you for your concern in this build and i need advice on my kukuri. When i go to glue the last few tabs together to close the object how do i do that with out hurting or bending the outside shape.

Sorry for the double post but I thought I would say that i started on my first armor build last night. It will be the stock Mark VI and later I will start doing addons and different armor pieces to mix and match. I completed my left forearm but realized i scaled the whole thing 10 inches too small. So I will have to redo it tonight.

"When i go to glue the last few tabs together to close the object how do i do that with out hurting or bending the outside shape."

I use a set of long tweezers for any thing I can't get my fingers into/onto right up to the last tab. For the last tab then all you have to do is add a little pressure on the outsides to hold it in place/shape and one finger on the place were the tab is. Allot of people make the end cap the last part to make it easier. Hope this helps.

Oh, and you can change the title to suit you're build if you'd like. ;)

When i go to glue the last few tabs together to close the object how do i do that with out hurting or bending the outside shape.

You can use super glue. It's stong enough even if you just glue edges together instead of actual flaps and faces, and particularly the more liquid kind will also flow in between the parts and harden there.

I completed my left forearm but realized i scaled the whole thing 10 inches too small. So I will have to redo it tonight.

I doubt that. The whole piece is ony somewhere around 12 inches long, if yours was ten inches too short there wouldn't be anything left.

Ok sorry guys for the double post but I thought Id put up pics of my left forearm :)
Snapshot_20110717.jpg
[/IMG]
and here is a comparison between my failed one and my good one
Snapshot_20110717_1.jpg

tell me what you think :) I`ll have the next pic up in a day or two. bye

What i meant was that the scale i had used was 62 inches but i needed the 72 inches scale.

The scale factor is not the thing you should be changing. It is certainly related to the final size, but how varies from model to model, depending on what the modeller did. Use one of the dimensions instead, you can measure that on yourself.

I use the method of finding your height then adding 3 then dividing by 86 then multiplying by what ever is in the scale block which happens to be 86 for the pieces that I am using. So my scale comes out as 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back