Mark VI Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeilheitHDDE08

Can anyone recommend the best way to build the chest for ROBOGENESIS' pep files. I have all of my other pieces finished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Should I do it all in one piece? Resin and fibreglass and then glue them together? I am about to lose my mind. I looked around the threads for any help on the topic but didnt see anything. Help me, 405th Forums. You're my only hope.

-Geilheit

Just pep the whole thing out. Then resin fiberglass. If you can put it on you easily without cutting it (which has probably never happened on the 405th for anyone) dont do anything, if it wont go on (normal) then you cut in two areas...
Screenshot2010-08-09at61142PM.png

Then just use nylon straps and buckles to attach them together

I have done that and had no trouble with all of my other pieces but the chest is driving me nuts. As I get the the middle of the back or chest (building from the bottom up) it starts to get really difficult to work with because the two halves fall away from each other. If I try to build from the top down, it gets complicated once I have to connect the pecs with the arrow looking piece:
Chest.jpg

Im a big guy (6'5" 240) so I am using Master Chief scale on the chest. I think there is just so much paper that the weight is becoming an issue. Is there some way to build supports or anything like that that you know of?

Well, what you could do is just pep the two halves seperately and then glue them together... and for the reinforcement, make cardboard supports and put them in the model, and before the fiberglassing, spider-web hot glue on the inside of the chest to avoid warping.
I learned that from someone, just dont know who...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back