Mark VI gen2 Master Chief / First serious build! (greyboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I took a look to your armor and It is astonishing!! Thanks for the tips for fitting the thigh armor, I may give them a go. Anyway I think that It has a decent looking overall when I´m wearing It. Scaling It down a bit and remaking It´s still an option, despite the work that idea involves. Thanks for the positive comments and likes, they really help me keep me going!
And here is me wearing the armor. Bicep and forearm armor fits pretty good, chest piece doesn´t look that bad at all (I will be wearing a 1/2" undersuit so It may help me look bulkier) however, what I really like about master chief chest armor It´s how It has a really snug fit so, although I like the look of this one I may do It again . The most awkward looking piece is the thigh. That´s my unexperienced opinion so, I´m looking forward to reading from your view!! (Please, dont be gentle with your opinion, I know that perfection doesn´t exist but I want to get as close as I can to It!!)
View attachment 287103View attachment 287104

Pure motivation bud!! Really appreciate It!!
Pd: As a good 117 clon, I won´t identify myself just yet ;)

So far it looks really good! I think the upper body is perfect, I wouldn't change anything about it. As for the thighs I still think it's a little bit large but it could just be the angle of the picture. However IMO it doesn't look bad, my concern is that the shin armor will have to be overall longer than thigh armor so you might have issues fitting all the pieces when you wear everything. But it can fixed, if you're planning to stick to this scale you're just gonna have to wear taller boots that so the leg armor ain't cramped up (I can send pics if u need reference).

So far it looks really good! I think the upper body is perfect, I wouldn't change anything about it. As for the thighs I still think it's a little bit large but it could just be the angle of the picture. However IMO it doesn't look bad, my concern is that the shin armor will have to be overall longer than thigh armor so you might have issues fitting all the pieces when you wear everything. But it can fixed, if you're planning to stick to this scale you're just gonna have to wear taller boots that so the leg armor ain't cramped up (I can send pics if u need reference).
Thanks for the opinion!. I will have finished the shin armor in the next couple of A LOT OF HOURS hahaha. This night I will posting a picture with the shin armor aswell and see what I will have to fix.

Aaaand here I´m again!! First thing is first, this will probably be the last armor post because I ran out of hot glue sticks and I cant buy them until the confinement ends ;(. Maybe I will start planning and designing the undersuit and scaling parts that should be scaled. Anyway, this is the progress so far, half and a bit of the suit is done, now It´s time to determine whether I remake pieces or not.
IMG_20200322_181313.jpg

IMG_20200322_181258.jpg

IMG_20200322_180301.jpg

IMG_20200322_180419.jpg

IMG_20200322_180718.jpg

Note that the shin in the full body pictures is a little bit high, It was really hard to keep everything on the right place (I couldn´t wear the belly armor thingy). Taking a look to the pictures, the thing that bothers me the most is the chest, It looks bigger than I want It to look but I still think that is going to be ok once I wear the undersuit, time will tell.
Pd: The piece on the floor is a half of the back armor, It just torn apart :)

The chest looks fine to me. Shin might be a bit short, but that may be due to the height you're wearing it at.

20190603_213441.jpg

This is my chest, and it looks bulky as well, but it is just right for the suit we're emulating.

The chest looks fine to me. Shin might be a bit short, but that may be due to the height you're wearing it at.

View attachment 287148

This is my chest, and it looks bulky as well, but it is just right for the suit we're emulating.
I also think your shin armor is a little short, and that thigh armor looks really big.

here’s mine

View attachment 287149View attachment 287150
Yep, both of you are right, I will probably rescale those pieces to get a better looking result. Amazing lookinf armors btw!

Some progress today. I dry fitted half of the primitive foam undersuit and It looks really promising. The arms look a bit THICC but It gives a sense of superior strength ;). Torso looks pretty damn good to me, the armor like a dream on the undersuit. I let the left arm bare for you to hopefully compare the thickness. Thoughts?
IMG-20200325-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20200325-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20200325-WA0022.jpg

And here we go again! Hope you're alright! Finally I got the oportunity to buy some stuff to continue the build...
I decided to evolve the undersuit. I glued the foam to a tight lycra shirt with silicone (like the one that is used on bathrooms but this one is suposed to glue and seal windows to walls and stuff like that). I just did front and sides of the torso to see how It would work...and It does surprisingly good! It's really flexible and It isn't that hot after all (I did some push ups and pull ups and I didn't even sweat in this thing!)Anyway I will install the fans I spoke about before.
Some images of It (It isn't that much of progress, the pattern is not nearly finished and half of the foam torso is left...):

IMG_20200609_172137.jpg
IMG-20200609-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200609-WA0015.jpg

I can even handstand in It! Hahahah
Pd: do you guys know how to paint this ulphostery foam? I thought about plastidip but I dont know if It will peal right of It...
Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the responses guys!
Wow both of you got some awesome skills! I really like the armors and the undersuits are really impressive.
Plasti dip works. It just takes a crap ton of it to actually get good coverage. Like he4thbar said i used Creature Cast Rubber. Its not super expensive and about 3-4 of the small containers will cover your whole suit. You have to seal upholstery foam with spray adhesive so it doesnt soak up your sealant of choice
The Creature Cast Rubber would be an excellent choice but as long as I live in the canaries, the shipping cost and the product Itself would be 50 bucks...way off the budget. Anyways great suggestion and build!
Yep, I used LeakSeal and A LOT of it.
That would be really nice too but, It happens the same thing with the shipping cost...This archipelago is far away from everywhere!
As long as I´m planning to study an industrial design ingenieering degree I dont have that much money...Everything I earn I spent It on the build and in my healthcare (and most importantly, saving for a new laptop that doesn´t work with cranks) :lol:
I have tried using PVA glue (the one that I use to buy is rubber like, pretty flexible and strong) on the foam, It works really good. The only down side is the heat but taking a look to your builds, both of you used sealant materials and they worked pretty good...I dont have pics of It right know, but soon I could post some.
I will be posting a lot on the following days!

Last edited:
And here we go again with some process, not much but It´s what It is :unsure:
I have been completing the torso undersuit in the last three days, It was such a tedious job and It isn´t even completed!
Here is me taking dumb pics:
20200618_113658.jpg
And the actual progress (I will try my best to explain the process hehe):
I didn´t use any pattern or template to build this, It was everything trial and error, not a really enjoyable path in this case :lol:
I put the shirt on the mannequin and just glued the foam directly on It using A LOT of pins punctured through the foam and the mannequin.
This shows the back of the undersuit, with the pattern added (Made with the soldering iron and the custom bit I made before). Those black lines are from the silicone. Hopefully they won´t be visible once I clean It all with an x-acto knife. Nothing special about this pic
20200618_140806.jpg
This one shows the side of the undersuit, were the zip is located. It was attached with silicone to the shirt ending up with a pretty good bond. It´s almost invisible, something that I really like. I can put It on and off by myself thanks to that. It was really tricky to glue It on the shirt, I recomend using some light preassure tweezers, you dont want to squeeze the silicone, It doesn´t work with preassure, you just want to kind of hold It in place.

20200618_140854.jpg20200618_161655.jpg20200618_161714.jpg
And In this last one, I´m showing yet again the flexibility of the undersuit. It´s really comfy! It doesn´t feel heavy or anything like that, It allows almost full range of motion and It doesn´t show any crack after a lot of "mistreatment". The thing that bothers me the most are the seams between foam pieces. I will be rounding them and applying the pattern to them to kind of "fuse" them to the undersuit and instead of being seams, being something that takes part of the suit (trying to forge features from fails!). I will probably fill in the shirt gaps with some silicone aswell to not to show any of the lycra...

20200618_142827.jpg
The big gaps on the elbows and shoulder with be covered with some non-textured soft undersuit armor (something similar to the image below).
halo-4-mjolnir-gen2-mark-vi-master-chief-reference-1.jpg
In the next post, hopefully, I will have finished texturing the remaining parts, rounding and shaping the seams, trimming the excesses and maybe building some of that non-textured armor. Sorry for not posting so much, I´m not feeling that motivated (I´m way too perfectionist). Anyway I will keep pushing myself to finish this!
If you got any question feel free to ask! I really enjoy posting and helping people as much as my knowledge goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back