Mark-VI WIP (W/ Paper Mache Thrown In) Pic:Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I'm a noob on the 405th, last year i tried to finish my costume in a crazy time limit and failed, but i did manage to "finish" my Helm, so i put everything on halt, until last month. I recently noticed the new layout and got back into it! I managed to finish peping just about everything, i just need the boots and the right hand plate thing...

anyways, here are some pictures with comments! :D :D
I can't believe i lost a piece!
IMG_0370.jpg

Count Chief-ula!! Mwa-ah-ah! It got messed up in the middle a bit, since it was crudely placed in my closet! LOL
IMG_0367.jpg

Left Hand Peice: Made out of poster-board paper.. never using this stuff again! :p
IMG_0372.jpg

Belt "Hardened" using paper mache: i think i need another coat. I cut it because it didnt fit me, i think that was a mistake. :(
IMG_0369.jpg

and a little teaser!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/Markanator/DSC04214.jpg

Thats all i have for now, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow. And As soon as i get my safety equipment I'll start fiber glassing, as for now, I'm going to finish peping the Recon and maybe an ODST Helm.

Comments are totally welcomed! Thanks!

I was Going to start Fiber-glassing today but my dad threw away the Fiber cloth stuff!!
aaarggh!

Gotta go get some more i guess!

Btw, can someone show me where to cut my chest piece after I'm done fiber-glassing it? Thanks!

I was Going to start Fiber-glassing today but my dad threw away the Fiber cloth stuff!!
aaarggh!

Gotta go get some more i guess!

Btw, can someone show me where to cut my chest piece after I'm done fiber-glassing it? Thanks!

use old tshirts instead...its cheaper and stronger than the fiberglass cloth

[QUOTEhttp://www.405th.member.php/16407-grenadesonfire]Wow that looks great! I didn't think paper mache could look good but you did it.
biggrin.png
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Hows the warpage?
Actually there's not much just on the back side, but if i add another layer or two then apply some bondo or something and smoothen it down, I'm pretty sure it'll go away or something, at least I hope it will!

:D I am about to start fiberglassing the chest. Wish me Luck!

Updates as of July 25

Hey 405th, I've been without internet for the past couple days due to the weather and such over here in Northern Illinois, but i have been making progress on my Build!! ohhh, yeahh!
xD:cool

I have managed to pep and fiberglass a Scout Shoulder Piece.
IMG LINK
IMG LINK (I used pieces of an old shirt as the fiber cloth! & i ripped a tiny little section. oops)

I have also started fiberglassing my Right Bicep piece: (light coat on the outside)
IMG LINK
IMG LINK
& IMG LINK

Not to mention my Left Bicep Piece: (Both inside and out, going for another coat on the inside, then another w/ cloth) I have reason to believe i made 2 right biceps, LOL.
IMG LINK
IMG LINK

Here's a bit more progress on my Low-Def Chest piece; it's coming along slowly but surely:
IMG LINK
IMG LINK
and WHEN I STARTED (just for shits and giggles). lol

Throughout the past week or so i spent a total of 4-5 days, each spending no more than 2-4 hours, making an ODST Helmet. I used RUNDOWN's pep; but I didn't really like all the cutting and such so its not quite HD; however, it still looks Legit!
IMG LINK

I am still working on my first ever Helmet, a normal Mark-VI Low-Def:
IMG LINK

Here's another shot of my recon just sitting there, tormenting me:
IMG LINK

Wondering about the lower half, well here are the shins:
IMG LINK
IMG LINK
& IMG LINK

I have no pictures of the thighs but they do have a light coat of fiberglass on the outside.

And here is the Paper-Mache Cod Piece:
IMG LINK
IMG LINK (I have plans to make it semi-HD)

And i have made some progress on the gun... more or less.. (i took too many pictures lol)
IMG LINK

Have i mentioned I ran out of this stuff!?
FIBER LINK
(BTW, This stuff costs $10 at Wal-mart, which is like 40 minutes away, but almost $20 at Home Depot which is like 5 seconds away. WTH!)

Anyways, that's about it for now, I can't really do much since i have no more fiberglass resin stuff, and my workspace has been turned into a carpenter shop because my bro is building a fish tank cabinet stand.

Please Comment and give constructive criticism. You can Check out more pics, HERE or http://www.flickr.com/photos/markambro/ , there!

Thanks for reading! :D:$:):D

Looking good! and paper mache is a good alternative to fiber glass... If you know what your doing. I did a H2 ODST, turned out good but not the best. But know I can saw a made armor!

I actually have been working trying to get some money for the rest of the stuff and today i get paid so I'm Going to buy the stuff and start resining/glassing tonight!! I will post picks as soon as i can!

That's some nice progression, I'll be monitoring this thread, keep updating !
Thanks, and will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back