Master Replicas Halo Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MR does do Halo props. Hopefully they don't screw it up like they did on their clone trooper helmets. First run was recalled, Second run took TWICE as long to come out. It was ridiculous.

Dark One said:
If MR does do Halo props. Hopefully they don't screw it up like they did on their clone trooper helmets. First run was recalled, Second run took TWICE as long to come out. It was ridiculous.

What was wrong with them? I dont know if it was the 2nd run, but I saw no issue with it. I heard that the 501st one had some paint issue and some never came with plaques, but thats about it. Im pretty sure my gf actually got me one for christmas this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark One said:

And dont forget all of the owners of the MR Vader Helmet who had poor quality paint jobs
curious to see the Trek assualt phaser and the Next Gen tricorder
as far as a scaled MC helmet with the hopes of them making a 1to1 scale MC helmet
I am not going to hold my breath.

Spartan 648

Wow the people with defective products need to stop complaining. Mass producing items like these takes alot of manpower and effort to get it right and while it may not be exact the first time, they are gauranteed to make it right the second time. If you feel so bad about your product, then email them asking what you should do. I know a couple people who have totally repainted their MR vaders to perfected.

SPARTAN405 said:
Wow the people with defective products need to stop complaining. Mass producing items like these takes alot of manpower and effort to get it right and while it may not be exact the first time, they are gauranteed to make it right the second time. If you feel so bad about your product, then email them asking what you should do. I know a couple people who have totally repainted their MR vaders to perfected.

Well, When you are paying anywhere from $400 and up for a LICENSED PROP it shouldn't be DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!! There is probably a real good reason MR lost the Star Wars license. They couldn't get it right!!!!! I was a lucky one and the helmets I had had no prpblems. Heck I even have a 1st run 501st clone trooper helmet that was recalled. No issues.....Oh wait I take that back. MR forgot to put in the nulmbered plaques so instead of having a numbered helmet say 1 out of 1,000 like was advertised EVERYONE got a generic plaque. Part of the reason those props were so expensive was you were SUPPOSED to be getting a limited run. That turned out to be BS and then to top it off they don't lower the price. They also missed ALL the release dates for the helmets. That is bad business. So MR doing Halo.......I'm not holding my breath. Chances are all the fan made stuff will be better, just like the fan made SW stuff is better AND more accurate. Again if someone is going to say they are going to make Screen accurate licensed stuff, then they better be able to do it right!!!!!!!

SPARTAN405 said:
Master Replicas FX sabers are good for display but for combat, you have to convert them or you will destroy all the small LEDS inside the blade.
Correction - you destroy the connections to the LEDs, which can be fixed if you have steady hands and don't burn out the resistor. Jus' sayin...'sall.

Well I can understand that a few people payin alot of money for a product would probably expect the highest quality. However, you have to remember that most of the products they sell are hand made/painted, so there are always going to be things that are not perfect, and on top of that, they are making ALOT of these. The clone helmet for example, just he plain white one in an LE of 2500 helmets total. Besides the number, they have to meet all the demands of the customer, making sure that all 2500 of those helmets get made and get to the buyer on time.

My gf actually got me an MR clone for christmas, and I couldnt honestly be any happier with it. The one thing that I can say slightly upsets me is that its not a numbered plaque. But then again, I do not care for what number it is, becuase it dosnt make a difference if your's is number 259 and mine is 1002, its still a clone helmet, and the fact is, I have it. I dont think anyone in their right mind pays that much money for a number, over having the actual product. Just hold onto whatever MR SW stuff you have, their contract is over with LFL, and there will be no more "official" sales from MR in SW

015-1.jpg

I love this thing

-tubachris

Vader said:
Correction - you destroy the connections to the LEDs, which can be fixed if you have steady hands and don't burn out the resistor. Jus' sayin...'sall.

Yea but why waste your time on that when you can make a battle ready prop that can withstand so much damage.

Here is one of my lightsabers that I made with parts from the custom saber shop. It is basically an MR. It has a vader 05 soundboard, and a luxeon 3w red led inside. Basically you wont have the extend up and down effect, but it is much brighter than a standard master replicas.

And on the subject of the defective helmets, I honestly forgot about the prices, so yea, I was wrong on that point.

yeah I bought a FX saber for display but I just COULD NOT resist fighting with my friends, It didnt break it too bad, just some scratches and crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back