Master Replicas to make FULL SIZE PROPS???

Will 'officially liscensed' armor replace the homemade armor community?

• Yes... unfortunately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! Nothing could ever be better than what the fans have been making!

• I'm gonna go cry in the corner... I'll get back to you.

• Maybe... if they're really really good.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Oh crap.

I'm sure that you all have seen the evolution of the Master Replicas information coming out. At first it was just a couple pics of some tiny BR's and Carbines with a promise that there would be more to come.

Well, the proverbial hammer has dropped, apparently. :duh:

That's not all! It will feature full size weapons and helmets for folks who like to run around and "pretend." There will also be stuff like pewter figs, die-cast vehicles, key rings, pins and badges. First up? Two six-inch long scaled weapons: the BR55 Battle Rifle and the Covenant Carbine, each selling for US $19.99. They'll be out this September.

Today Kotaku is reporting the size of these little replicas (for the first time), and they claim that "full size weapons and helmets " are soon to follow.

This may be an end to the custom built Halo Armor era. Of course we will all still enjoy doing what we love, but how will the independant manufacturers and fans alike be able to compete with international corporations selling officially liscensed Mjolnir armor at prices we can't compete with???

Read the Kotaku writeup here: http://kotaku.com/gaming/don.t-really-shoo...mall-272646.php

Or go see for yourself at Corgi's website. They're the parent company of 'Master Replicas': http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/10821.html

And please, sound off on what you think this means for the Halo armor community.

Last edited by a moderator:
im waiting to see what the prices will be.....and for the full size helmet and weapons we might have a year for those to come out

I've had a good cry, and now I'm thinking that these will never come out. If they can only get the miniatures done by September, then it'll definately be a while til the full-size replicas go into production. By then they'll have missed the H3 marketing frenzy, and there won't be as high of demand. And yes, they may very well shoot themselves in the foot (pun intended) with the prices.

Even if these things hit store shelves, how will they ever make all the variations of the armor and weapons that the Halo armor community wants?

Besides, they say NOTHING about armor... just helmets. So they're obviously looking at this as an experimental product. So, if their sales don't go well, I'd bet that the full size stuff will be the first thing dropped from their product line. *hint boycott Master Replicas, hint*

So, my money is on this NEVER replacing the fan armor... can I change my vote now??

Chins up, fellas. Our efforts will prevail.

Sean Bradley said:
Oh crap.

I'm sure that you all have seen the evolution of the Master Replicas information coming out. At first it was just a couple pics of some tiny BR's and Carbines with a promise that there would be more to come.

Well, the proverbial hammer has dropped, apparently. :duh:

That's not all! It will feature full size weapons and helmets for folks who like to run around and "pretend." There will also be stuff like pewter figs, die-cast vehicles, key rings, pins and badges. First up? Two six-inch long scaled weapons: the BR55 Battle Rifle and the Covenant Carbine, each selling for US $19.99. They'll be out this September.

Today Kotaku is reporting the size of these little replicas (for the first time), and they claim that "full size weapons and helmets " are soon to follow.

This may be an end to the custom built Halo Armor era. Of course we will all still enjoy doing what we love, but how will the independant manufacturers and fans alike be able to compete with international corporations selling officially liscensed Mjolnir armor at prices we can't compete with???

Read the Kotaku writeup here: http://kotaku.com/gaming/don.t-really-shoo...mall-272646.php

Or go see for yourself at Corgi's website. They're the parent company of 'Master Replicas': http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/10821.html

And please, sound off on what you think this means for the Halo armor community.

I personally refuse to believe it. Nothing will destroy our little community forum thing here! Even if they do sell it seems quite cheap (so i dont think the quiality will be very good) and even if they are going to be released; its going to be a good year or so....im gonna make them most of building my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just as a reference of what they could charge for these products, Link informed me that they sell a Boba Fett blaster for 579.00-679.00
and the other blasters cost more than that. And those are much smaller than the most popular Halo weapons.

Theres no way to market that to the teenage Halo fanbase, which is the bulk of their market. It won't fly.

Besides if you come right out and say 'Hey buy these tiny guns now, but we'll make full size ones sometime later' , how do you think that will affect their initial sales? No one who intends to get a full size gun will bother with the tiny ones. It's a waste of money if they really want a full size replica.

check out there website you'll get an idea on how much they might sell them...plus they had a aliens motion tracker that didnt sell at all that was around $500

My say in this matter is that some people will probably still want to make their own repllicas cause they dont wana be like a battle rifle for like $200. Im just guessing on the price.

well if it realy comes out for $20 dollars i'd get it. heck we'd all have it O_O but it would replace the fun of making our own.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say there is no chance of MR making a full suit. All they do are helmets with the other lines they have. They pretty much just stick to the weapons. And, as mentioned, they charge a ton of money for everything they make. Their helmets alone will be a good $600+.

NOOO!
They can keep Stormtrooper armor out of major production hands, why can't good ol' Halo stay out?

I have dealt with this a lot throught the Jack Sparrow line of MR product. They're great items, but fanmade props still dominate the market. Basically, MR has very nice, accurate weapons and helms, but they are bloody expensive. I could see the halo BR selling for 700 and the helmet for 1500.

That being said, the fanmade props are not going to go away. People who have loads of money will probably spring for these MR guns due to quality, but MR won't greatly impact sales of fanmade props.

Oh, and MR will not make full armor.

I really don't see them selling helmets for more than a grand, that would just be plain ridiculous. Rifles and carbines would probably be in the 700-800 range, while I'm guessing that a nice helmet should'nt be more than 600. If they try to sell these things for more than that, they're going to end up with a whole lot of inventory sitting around in warehouses. I will more than likely puke and then crap my pants if there turns out to be a huge demand for these and they end up selling for more.

I really don't see MR affecting the fan based market for weapons, mostly because the elitist prices. I would'nt be surprised to see a few copies floating around after the release of MR's full sized props.

Truthfully, I wouldn't put it past them making a suit of armor, at least as a showpiece. No way in hell they'll put them into full production though.

I for one won't be buying any of their Halo stuff.

I know the last post was about a year ago, but if you go on ebay now and type in master chief costume, you will find a full suit of fully licensced armor for $675-$850 from a few different sellers

err.. first this thread is a year old... and second, the liscensed armor is terrible so your post really didn't contribute much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back