Maverick to Spiker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

I was looking at my old nerf gun one day and thought, it kinda looks like a spiker when you think about it, so i thought i might as well turn it into one. This is pretty much the concept of what i got, i just tried out the idea and it went pretty well. So this is what i got so far. Yes i know thers a lot of duck tape...

100_0934.jpg

and a little more progress...
100_0940.jpg

Still got a long ways to go though. ;)

Nice one. Just need to add more cardboard, then paint it a little.

I only got a Longhot nerf gun, and I could modify it, but I don't feel like doing that yet.

I love nerf conversions.
Make sure it's still workable, then you can shoot spikes!
Lookin good.

Sarge Christi said:
I love nerf conversions.
Make sure it's still workable, then you can shoot spikes!
Lookin good.
Very Nice but i hope this doesnt turn out like your armor in my opinion was ok,ok. I love it though maybe if you could fiberglass it dont use tape and paint it. It will look awesome. I agree with the above

Last edited by a moderator:
One problem with the maverick though. When you shoot the barrel turns..it would disrupt the tape or wouldn't move at all..so it wouldn't be able to fire..

To have the rotating barrel come out, you would have to attach the pieces on top and bottom attached to the blue parts only, and the slide would need to be free so you could cock the gun. Besides the pistol grip being a little too far forward, it looks good. :)

SpArtan-270 said:
I was looking at my old nerf gun one day and thought, it kinda looks like a spiker when you think about it, so i thought i might as well turn it into one. This is pretty much the concept of what i got, i just tried out the idea and it went pretty well. So this is what i got so far. Yes i know thers a lot of duck tape...

100_0934.jpg

and a little more progress...
100_0940.jpg

Still got a long ways to go though. ;)
Looks pretty good but i would rather have the piece of cardboard at the top moved forward a little more. Maybe just past that trigger guard, maybe even further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, after reading this post I decided to do the same on my old Maverick, seeing as I'm making a Chief and Arbiter costume for Halloween and they were in a serious need of weaponry, so heres pics from mine. I didnt do any actual electrical work, I just taped some cheap LED flash lights in there, but they do the job nicely.

Not painted yet, but this weekend it should be nice and gray.
[attachment=1092:picture_005.jpg][attachment=1088:picture_001.jpg]

Mine is now completed and painted, however I have no camera, so hopefully it wont be destroyed between now and the time i actually can get a picture of it.

here is my finished gun, there are some blue highlights i painted in, but you can't really see them [attachment=1413:dcp_0002.jpg] [attachment=1414:dcp_0001.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back