Max's Army Of Two Fan Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxphobia

Jr Member
Hey guys I was juat gonna post a few pictures of my very first attempt at using smooth on products and oil based clay. I was just looking for some input to see what you all thought of it. Well here they are.......

Maxphobia said:
Hey guys I was juat gonna post a few pictures of my very first attempt at using smooth on products and oil based clay. I was just looking for some input to see what you all thought of it. Well here they are.......

Forgot to post pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
sporgo said:
That looks very nice. Did you model this completely from scratch?

yeah I looked at some pictures of Rios mask in the game then did some sketches and thats what I came up with.

S.I.T said:
so u took a styrofoam head put clay on it and sculpted it then u gonna smooth cast it?

took the head warped it with paper and stuff until it was the same dementions as my face the slapped some clay on it which was a lot harder then I thought it would be because the clay I was using was oil based and very cold so I had to work it around and warm it up so it would sculpt easier, but yeah that's basically what I did. I already molded and cast it the picture of the two masks together are both molds.

It looks cool. If you did Salem's mask the flames would be hard to get right, but the Rios mask does look very sweet. Are you going to do the whole costume, armor and all?

darkfluffy said:
It looks cool. If you did Salem's mask the flames would be hard to get right, but the Rios mask does look very sweet. Are you going to do the whole costume, armor and all?

yeah man its gonna be my Halloween costume this year I think and a friend of mine is also making a Salem mask I may also do one myself just to see how it would come out but as far as the flames go it won't be to bad with a stencil and a airbrush but I'm glad you liked the mask I was thinking about maybe trying to trade them for some mold of what other people are making and such I really enjoy looking at others works and seeing what they come up with one of the reason I love this sight so much :)

5-point said:
looks great man are you going to make the other army of two mask but keep up the good work

I plan on it man time willing gonna do a couple other versions before halloween see which one I liekd the best heh

the loco said:
that looks great! the chips and bullet pock marks look excellent.

thanks man I just cut out some plastic sheet paper into the shape of chips and stuff and pressed it into the clay to get that effect :) oh here is a new shot of me actually wearing it forgot to include one of those thinking about also showing pictures of the vest and body armor I'm gonna make to go along with it but not sure if that's something that people will actually be interested in seeing....a lot of sewing hehe and sorry the picture is kinda blured

Kudos man that looks sick your halloween should be just as sick as mine lol were having two spartans, Salem (sadly only using a pep mask), and a carmine just walking around neighborhoods and the party :plet us know how the suit comes along

Namauri said:
Kudos man that looks sick your halloween should be just as sick as mine lol were having two spartans, Salem (sadly only using a pep mask), and a carmine just walking around neighborhoods and the party :plet us know how the suit comes along

I;m working on a salem mask too man its almost ready I'll post some pictures prob this weekend before I mold it but I've seen some pretty nice peped salem masks before you'll have to take some pics and show me how its going man.

Maxphobia said:
I;m working on a salem mask too man its almost ready I'll post some pictures prob this weekend before I mold it but I've seen some pretty nice peped salem masks before you'll have to take some pics and show me how its going man.

Ill try my digital camera is busted at the moment. A good piece of advice never get drunk by a pool and try taking pictures at the edge of the pool. >.<

Namauri said:
Ill try my digital camera is busted at the moment. A good piece of advice never get drunk by a pool and try taking pictures at the edge of the pool. >.<

sound advice I should be able to start work on the vest today after work so I might be able to post some picks of it tonite

Vampyredh said:
nice it looks like you put some real effort into it good work.

thanks man sadly the vest isn't going so well....my lack of sewing skills are showing....not really sure what to do don't want to just buy a vest but I may have no choice the machine I have doesn't lift high enough to sew thicker material with the foam in...wait...I'll just remove the foam...then shove it back in later...heh typing sometimes help you see things a bit more clearly welp off I go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back