MC Drawing Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

Like you know, you start with the circles, then add details, clean up, final details, shading, and tada your done, does anyone have pictures for this?
Thats the only way I can draw

Psh. Circles. Draw a basic human shape, then add the armor.

I don't have any circles at the moment.

scan.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

These might help..

I drew a big poster of my and two of my friends spartans from halo 2 for an art project. Id show it off but its huge and id have to scan it in like five parts.

Anyway imo the best method is to sketch out the parts of the armor (a general outline or shape of the spartan) and then go over each part individualy and add details and shadows.

i can only draw 2 things ..... flames and trees ....i need to draw a flaming tree, my flaming tree owns your master chief drawings ...

Just a small amount of advice for new drawers.

To draw a straight line without a ruler:
1 - Make two points,
2 - start at the farthest point from your body,
3 - look at the second point, and
4 - without looking at the pencil, pull the pencil toward the other dot that you're looking at.

It takes some practice, but at some point you won't even need a ruler anymore to draw straight lines.

Try it, you'll be surprised. This technique is used a lot in board drafting.

-Magnum

23Magnum said:
Just a small amount of advice for new drawers.

To draw a straight line without a ruler:
1 - Make two points,
2 - start at the farthest point from your body,
3 - look at the second point, and
4 - without looking at the pencil, pull the pencil toward the other dot that you're looking at.

It takes some practice, but at some point you won't even need a ruler anymore to draw straight lines.

Try it, you'll be surprised. This technique is used a lot in board drafting.

-Magnum

Note to self...... Use the Force, DoC!

I'll try this, I never thought to try this and I've been through art school! Of course art and board drafting have different approaches.

Thanks Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
DoC ByTeS said:
Note to self...... Use the Force, DoC!

I'll try this, I never thought to try this and I've been through art school! Of course art and board drafting have different approaches.

Thanks Magnum
No problem. Yeah, this was one of the first things they had us read about in my freshman CAD class at college. I was really surprised how well it worked. Sketching mechanisms and stuff become a lot easier after that. I used to be artistic with my drawing, but got out of practice with it. Now I couldn't drawing free form stuff to save my life.

LastSpartan said:
How the hell are you doing this!
Looks like a Vector tracing to me. Pretty cool effect, in any case.

If you've got no expertise in art, then you're obviously going to have to start small. Learn basic proportions is a big one, and never forget the all important perspective. Shading and coloring also helps, but a pure black and white illustration shouldn't need them. The bible for anatomy is a book with illustrations by the man named "George B. Bridgeman". This guy is a classic Renaissance artist who reveals every trick one needs to realistically draw a body from every perspective. It's the next best thing to nude life sketches, and I doubt you'll have access to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back