Me And My Friends Odst Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King Cobra

Hey 405th!

This is my Topic on My friends and My ODST armor. We have been at this project for about a month now and are getting pretty far. We have 3 people being ODST's and possibly a fourth. This is a place for you guys to comment on my armor how to improve and for Vyronix and A Fluffy Shoe to post their progress.

I have made plenty of ODST components from Buck's com pack to the Spartan Laser for Dutch but hopefully when I get a whole suit done I will mold it and create duplicates for my Friends and for the public to purchase. So here is our Progress on our Armor:

AMBA0028.jpg

AMBA0027.jpg

AMBA0026.jpg

AMBA0025.jpg

AMBA0024.jpg

AMBA0020.jpg

AMBA0021.jpg

AMBA0022.jpg

AMBA0096.jpg

AMBA0103.jpg

Looks good Vyronix!

@Papasmurf: Yeah my dad used to work in the Auto shop along time ago and has experience in Fiberglassing and bondoing but he is really busy at the moment so I just keep pepping and asking when can I fiberglass :p

Wow nice work, especially on the spartan laser, that thing is probably the hardest pep job ever. nice job, i don't see any sagging or misshaping. Great job, cant wait to see the rest of this, and if you aren't going to use rondo to reinforce the pieces i highly suggest you do. its faster, easier, and stronger than regular fiberglass.

wow man thats some nice pep work for Rondo check out the threads it jelps out alot with the finishing of the props after i found it its about all i use now.

Yeah! Waiting on a visor for my helm, but yeah rondo, basically its a 1:1 mix of bondo and fiberglass resin and the solid hardener for the bondo, that you pour into your say, helmet, and then you slush it around for a while and then you lay big sheets of fiberglass cloth down into, which is alot easier than fiberglassing which is extremely messy and finicky.

kasper said:
wow man thats some nice pep work for Rondo check out the threads it jelps out alot with the finishing of the props after i found it its about all i use now.

alright thanks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
5N0WM4N said:
Yeah! Waiting on a visor for my helm, but yeah rondo, basically its a 1:1 mix of bondo and fiberglass resin and the solid hardener for the bondo, that you pour into your say, helmet, and then you slush it around for a while and then you lay big sheets of fiberglass cloth down into, which is alot easier than fiberglassing which is extremely messy and finicky.

I have been wanting to make my own visor but ordering one would be better so where did u get yours?

im planning on getting one from sean bradley as soon as he does another run, because they look great and you can get them tinted black, dark blue, or red. as soon as you gain access to the classifieds, definitely check em out.

5N0WM4N said:
im planning on getting one from sean bradley as soon as he does another run, because they look great and you can get them tinted black, dark blue, or red. as soon as you gain access to the classifieds, definitely check em out.

alright sounds good!

lol oh and another thing about rondo, you can also use it instead of bondo on the outside of your pieces, because its a liquid it self levels so you dont have to do as much sanding! so get to it!

Keep up the Good work, Dude

I think you should fill the weapons and backpacks with expanding foam so they don't warp when resining. If you want any examples just check my ODST thread.

5N0WM4N said:
lol oh and another thing about rondo, you can also use it instead of bondo on the outside of your pieces, because its a liquid it self levels so you dont have to do as much sanding! so get to it!

sir yes sir! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back