Me As A Stalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul gammer

Here I am, with my first project, a pepakura gas mask, I used the metrocop one as I don't mind having one either way cause they are cool anyways but I didn't find any other masks and i'd appreciate some variety but I can't complain either because I don't have that much time to learn to make pep files anyways, this is peped on cardstock and with a few layers of paper mache, I am thinking about implementing 2 anti return valves and have the bottom one connected with a hose to a "respirating apparatus" for... filtering away "fresh air" for something more suitable to myself.

[attachment=10402:STALKER1.JPG][attachment=10403:STALKER2.JPG][attachment=10404:STALKER3.JPG][attachment=10405:Inside.JPG][attachment=10406:Outside.JPG][attachment=10407:Attached.JPG]

Dizzerak said:
This looks cool!

I don't know much about air purification, how does the bottle thing clean the air?

Can't tell ya, a mod told me not to, sorry, either way, this is going to be sealed tight and it will have to be 100% adjusted to my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's going to be an inhale hose and an exhale hose (and the mask sealed to your face) you'll build up alot of CO2 in a short time. That hose is long enough that you'll be breathing the same breath over and over. Essentially it will be like putting a plastic bag over your head. You will need to modify that to make it safe. Don't seal it to your face, or put some vents in it.

Looks cool though.

juggernaut said:
If that's going to be an inhale hose and an exhale hose (and the mask sealed to your face) you'll build up alot of CO2 in a short time. That hose is long enough that you'll be breathing the same breath over and over. Essentially it will be like putting a plastic bag over your head. You will need to modify that to make it safe. Don't seal it to your face, or put some vents in it.

Looks cool though.

It's an inhale hose, the exhale would be a vent, basically, you have 2 anti return vents, meaning, that you can take air in but you can't take it out, or vice versa, and it's going to have 2 of these, one for the front, wich is the exhale, and one for the bottom hose wich is inhale, so when you exhale the hose blocks itself, and when you inhale the vent blocks itself and opens the hose, kind of how the bloodstream works in the human body, that way there is not going to be any excess co2.

When you end up in the hospital please let me know. I personally strongly advise against building your own mask. you could just buy one of of e-bay or a military surplus web site.

JEDI THERON said:
When you end up in the hospital please let me know. I personally strongly advise against building your own mask. you could just buy one of of e-bay or a military surplus web site.

They cost too much for what they are, basically a mask with 2 valves and a carbon filter, it's ridicoulos that I waste 30 euros on one and a load of time on finding them if I can make my own, but that's my own opinion, and sure I will post back from the hospital if I am allowed on :p

does it looks good anyway?

I'm sorry but you are wrong here, this works as an excelent prop, but apart from that I am going to give it functionality, as I don't see anything wrong in it, consider it equal to the fact that people add leds to their props, the same way I am adding other accessories to mine, don't be upset though, I don't think you meant it bad you know?

as to skullcandygirl, no big deal, trying to be as acceptable as I can be, after all I am here on my own will. :)

I will be fine whatever I do so don't be concerned, I could add it a carbon filter instead and it would work to filter out biological threats, ;)

by the way, is it comparable to the metrocop mask?

paul said:
Can't tell ya, a mod told me not to, sorry, mainly cause it filters out air and sends fumes into the mask, hippie kind of fumes if you know what I mean, either way, this is going to be sealed tight and it will have to be 100% adjusted to my face.

You better not be makeing one of those gasmasks that are used to do something other than filter air....

I saw a really cool cosplay of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at Gencon last year.

n1038486969_114954_4040.jpg

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Looks like a CP.

Nice to hear so, cause it is a CP, I wanted to make it as accurate as possible, I might even get it covered in cast plastic or leather perhaps, either choice works to make it look real, as to the above poster with the stalker cosplay, neat stuff man, though I found it too clean and new to be a stalker, and the gasmask is a tad funny, but I find it neat.

You know you used one period in your entire first post? lol. It looks great, keep up the good work!! Can't wat to see what else you make.

Guys, I've spoken with the member, please stop reporting the thread. If you don't agree with the direction of his prop, whatever the PERSONAL nature, it's really none of our business.

Guys, I've spoken with the member, please stop reporting the thread. If you don't agree with the direction of his prop, whatever the PERSONAL nature, it's really none of our business.

free speech ftw :D. keep up the good work paul! haha

I fully disagree and I will lock this thread down if the conversation keeps going back to the drug conversation. Yes it is a free world and people will do what they want and it is none of our business BUT.....when they post it with images and tell us all what they are doing with it then they passed the line. We have people of all ages and they will learn about this stuff on their own but they will not read drug promoting articles on 405th. I will let Adam know my intentions and I am sure he will agree. It may be legal in some countries to do things like this but not in all countries so please keep in mind what we say. This is a great prop but talking about the use of drugs with it was not needed.

Ithica

Dave

Cool I am happy that you like it, I will update the design and post more pictures of how it comes along, as to the moderator above, no more drug talk as promised, and I am going to trim my posts.

NO MORE DRUG TALK, I WILL ASK YOU NOT TO MENTION ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES AND PARAPHERNALIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back