Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

You're like a young Keanu Reeves but with a master's in mechanical engineering.

I started college in mechanical engineering, but got bored. You're the second person who has compared me to Keanu.

I should just watch your thread, amazed everytime I see it, and think to myself "I am too lazy to do any of this mechanical stuff." But you do it right, bang up job man.

You'd be surprised how much I procrastinate, but not as surprised as I am that this giant robot has been working out so well. Must be the influence of Banquo getting involved in a story with them witches...

Also, just got a news agency wanting to license/sell/promote my videos exclusively with some revenue sharing. They settled for a non-exclusive contract after some questions. Maybe some pocket money coming my way and a bit of notoriety? Who knows? Should get going on a website though.

Had some spare time and finally got around to something I've been meaning to do for a while:

pilotsuit.jpgIMG_20200110_154829436.jpg

Had some high winds along with the 50 degree weather, and the mech fell over (well, against the house anyway) so I used my van to flip it upright. Video scheduled for sometime next week D:

The motor mount was already bent, but bent even more. Still stands by itself, but is more likely to fall to its left from wind, so I propped it up against the house with a spare 2x4 and overengineered built a new mount.

81963392_2902210236671930_8967935441110040576_o.jpg

Wider base (at least 10" each side) and lots of redundant struts! Started raining so homefully installation is tomorrow!

It's gonna be warm this weekend so maybe I'll try fiberglass these thigh plates I pepped.

IMG_20200116_174223222.jpg
(Thats an 8.5"x11" piece of paper so you get a sense of the scale.)

After more than 10 years my first fiberglass armor pieces lol

10 degrees out, but wearing my pilot jumpsuit under my jacket means I'm pretty warm for the work I did today.

Jacked up the mech and made the steering fork level (it was originally at an angle like a motorcycle). But why?

IMG_20200118_170405183.jpgIMG_20200118_170358030.jpg

I finally stopped being dumb and got a 2nd linear actuator for the steering and attached it directly to the fork. Works much better. Just have to do the other leg and wiring tomorrow!

And a fancy 3d printed steering indicator!

IMG_20200118_170603833.jpg

Y'know, I got a machete for Christmas (found out the hard way it was pre-sharpened) and just thought of all the fun things I could do with it if I strapped it to one of MARDUK's arms. No pumpkin would be safe >8)

I wanna see a video of this thing rolling down the sidewalk, obliterating enemies in its path. Or snow blowing sidewalks in its path...

I have 2 snowblowers I swap the engine between: my good snowblower and the one attached to the mech (both of which I threw a rod on lol). The one I chose for the mech has a square chute coming from the auger instead of a circular one so it clogs up easy, but has high gears on its transmission.

Sadly it won't fit on the sidewalk: it is about 5 feet wide at the legs, and probably a good 7 or 8 feet at the shoulders!

The Steering system is finished (videos up next Mon/Tues), so next thing to do is the testrun I guess. Only problem I can see being is the steering knuckel alignment and thats simple as drilling a few holes.
So gonna test run this upcoming weekend, with video of that coming out sometime next week (hopefully).

I think what sean is trying to say is SCREW THE SIDEWALK! MARDUCK CONQUORS ALL AND WILL BLOW THE SNOW NO MATTER WHAT. EVEN IF THAT MEANS RUINING THE NEIGHBORS LAWN!!!

It's a MECH. Did Godzilla care about sidewalks? Did Optimus Prime? Did Megamind care about sidewalks when battling the evil (or good...) guy whose name I can't remember?

I don't think so.

Plus, if it's motorized, technically (at least in my neighborhood) it shouldn't be on the sidewalk at all, but in the street.

So go out and stop traffic, dude!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back