Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

I think what sean is trying to say is SCREW THE SIDEWALK! MARDUCK CONQUORS ALL AND WILL BLOW THE SNOW NO MATTER WHAT. EVEN IF THAT MEANS RUINING THE NEIGHBORS LAWN!!!

My neighbor is on the next hill over... about 500 feet away. Long way to throw snow, but I plan to drive it down the dirt road come springtime. Scare the neighbors some: they have no idea >: )

It's a MECH. Did Godzilla care about sidewalks? Did Optimus Prime? Did Megamind care about sidewalks when battling the evil (or good...) guy whose name I can't remember?

I don't think so.

Plus, if it's motorized, technically (at least in my neighborhood) it shouldn't be on the sidewalk at all, but in the street.

So go out and stop traffic, dude!

I am considering packing it into my van and cruising around the local mall in it come springtime. Good practice for disassembling it for local conventions/maker faires!

Found a spring that can hold my mech up... possible contender for wheel suspension?

IMG_20200126_164602997.jpg

Im considering suspension cuz a board snapped and a leg bent quite a bit. Caught it on camera and fixed it (video to come this week!)

breakaleg.jpg

In between jobs now -new job starting in 3 weeks hopefully- so I have some free time to work on this... unless I can get a claim of workplace harassment: being descended from the guy who brought the dog on the Mayflower I don't feel inclined to partake in much when the majority of the office claim the pilgrims committed genocide. Feeling like the whole office would hate me its no wonder they considered me not a good fit for the job despite adequate performance. (sorry bout the rant but in case you all wonder why I'm online here so often)

Last edited:
A video about the steering mechanism:

Need to do some fine tuning because the left wheel unit keeps bending forward. I think the cuts I made in this video need a bigger angle. Don't think I'll make a video cuz its an easy fix (I hope).

Waiting for things to warm up today and I got to thinking and did some quick 3d sketching: would 343 Industries senpai notice me if it wore a mantis skin?

mantisv2.png (edited cuz I found a 3d model)

(purple is the required mech structures, green is the skin/costume thingy)

Could add a mechanism to make the legs move up and down when it walks

Last edited:
Another video about tweaks (hopefully the last one):

Gonna be doing some more tweaks this weekend but not record it: they're fairly easy so hopefully I can get a testrun vid out for Monday. Can see in the vid I did some unmanned drive tests off-camera.

Already tore out the auger and cut off the bottom of the auger housing so there is more ground clearance (pics tomorrow cuz its dark now).

Got some some good footage. Camera in the head needs to be adjusted slightly and the arms need some lube... but I lost my lube device... looks like I'm either lubing it the hard way or I improvise something if I can find my tube of jbweld.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back