IMG_20190124_171815.jpg

Pair:

IMG_20190124_171758.jpg

The mech, buried in snow and lit up with my car headlights:
IMG_20190124_171542.jpg

Quick pics cause it's raining... Ick
IMG_20190124_171530.jpg

IMG_20190124_171517.jpg

Do you not have any inside space to store the mechs? I hope the snow and rain don't damage them.
Judd McStudd is broken down & separated between my garage and my van. Big ol' Marduk is taller than my van so it definitely can't fit into the garage without disassembly. Most of the wood on Marduk is painted, and PVC isn't really affected by cold so really the biggest problem I have is getting ice out of the joints. I am considering covering it in a big ol' tarp, but with the winds here it would probably end up parasailing across the fields into a neighbor's house!

Sorting through footage of the progress I made for MARDUK's vision system (Interactive GUI overlayed on a webcam feed). Might get a vid up for sunday, might just post a pic or two.
A local high school career center/makerspace likes my idea of volunteering to "mentor" (teach) a class to build giant robots -even suggesting a 3 wide vehicle garage as labspace woo! So I'm gonna get the ball rolling on their application process.

Oh god I'm becoming Gendo Ikari. At least I don't have a spouse to turn into a giant robot.

Some financial issues means no more purchasing stuff to turn into mech parts for a month or so, but I can probably finish with what I have.

Been investigating Amazon publishing (a novel, how hipster of me!) and that got me thinking why not make a mech book too so I designed a cover:

BOOK.png

Its an omlette. Yum!

After 7 hours of printing and a few dozen layers of paint I have a nifty icon to mount onto the mech (after a proper paintjob, of course!). Hopefully tomorrow my neighbor will stop burning grass (or whatever he's burning) so I don't have to use my respirator to mount it.

Very windy today. And miserable.
Dug my mech out of its snowbank and almost got blown over! With only 1 panel attached it acts like a sail.
Maybe with the new position and time change I'll have enough light to build after work every day, and consolidate the optical system into a single tidy package.
Just in case the scale wasn't clear, here it is parked in my "motor pool"

Mech was previously parked about a foot behind the van's rear end. Now its right next to the garage (snowbank).

I love it.
When / where is the debut con?
So far, just local stuff I guess. Plan is to get it ready to drive in parades (Memorial Day, Diary Festival, independence day). Vermont has few conventions and I have a shoestring budget (I do have a van and I could borrow my parents trailer to transport it with but gas would be an issue. After I get it ready for press release hopefully the PR from that will get my gofundme noticed.

Between some normie stuff and a pinched nerve occupying most of my Saturday (oh the joy of pain-induced hallucinations and spasms) I did some work today.

DSC00593s.jpgDSC00594s.jpgDSC00595s.jpg

Working on negotiations getting a booth at the local con but if I want congoers to try piloting it I would need to have it insured so it looks like only I get to have fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back