Not open for further replies.
A few new pics guys:

278810162a10059666826l.jpg

278810162a10059666934l.jpg

278810162a10059667050l.jpg

278810162a10059667082l.jpg

278810162a10059667111l.jpg

what do you reckon guys?

is there too much space between each piece? they arent attached properly so maybe they arent sitting exactly right, but i was worried theres too much room between thigh and shin. maybe the whole thing is too 'thin' and needs beefed up a bit. what u reckon?

freakin sweet job on the lower body of the armour man ! its going to look awesome when its all done =D. though i haven't read all the comments so this might have already been said but, the first update you posted, with the arm sections.... they seemed a teensy bit big... and the lower body section seems to be a tighter fight.... you sure there isn't going to be a conflict of sizes further down the road ?

Outlaw-Tiger said:
freakin sweet job on the lower body of the armour man ! its going to look awesome when its all done =D. though i haven't read all the comments so this might have already been said but, the first update you posted, with the arm sections.... they seemed a teensy bit big... and the lower body section seems to be a tighter fight.... you sure there isn't going to be a conflict of sizes further down the road ?

yeah i remade my forearm actually- its a much better fit now (ill whack up a new photo tomorrow) so it should be in better proportion to these legs. i can see me remaking the thighs again though (honestly i could pep thighs in my sleep by now!!!), even if i keep the shins as they are- they are a snug fit, but dont have the proper 'chunky' master chief aura about them.

i might make my chest piece and helmet first before re-doing the legs. that way i can see how the whole costume will look- im of a skinny build so i might not even be able to achieve the proper bulky look.

my other idea was to keep these legs and put them towards a tightly scaled hayabusa armour- giving it a more nimble look as opposed to the master chiefs bulk!

Last edited by a moderator:
michaelarby said:
yeah i remade my forearm actually- its a much better fit now (ill whack up a new photo tomorrow) so it should be in better proportion to these legs. i can see me remaking the thighs again though (honestly i could pep thighs in my sleep by now!!!), even if i keep the shins as they are- they are a snug fit, but dont have the proper 'chunky' master chief aura about them.

i might make my chest piece and helmet first before re-doing the legs. that way i can see how the whole costume will look- im of a skinny build so i might not even be able to achieve the proper bulky look.
my other idea was to keep these legs and put them towards a tightly scaled hayabusa armour- giving it a more nimble look as opposed to the master chiefs bulk!

ah ok that makes much more sense haha. but i don't know about not getting the bulk... i wouldn't know for sure, but i feel that if you proportion it right, even though you are skinny, i feel it would look right... that and the hyabusa (spelling ?) chest and shoulders just look like WAY more work than the standard Mark VI lol.

I would say there's too much of a gap between everything. If it was my personal armor, I would re-scale everything up 10% and the cod 20% (cod looks a bit to small when compared to the thighs in general). But thats just my artistic 'feel' for the look, and there is no reason to take advice from a fellow hermit. :)

But yeah, great job on the pepping! Seeing the put on and 'meshed' together is really inspiring. ive been a bit lazy with mine because school work is kicking me more than I'd like... Weather or not your re-scale your peices is COMPLEETLY up to you. Lots of people hate to say 'you need to re-do that', especially when they know how much work goes into even the basic peping.

A simpler re-do would be the cod so it matches the thighs better. that way you might could even move your thighs down, and get the gaps you like everywhere. The cod is supposed to ride high on your waist, and almost go up to your belly button. Compared to everything else, its the only peice that looks a bit small.

Quick update guys- i finished resizing my lower legs- redid the cod and thighs. it all looks a bit better together now:

278810162a10371335644l.jpg

278810162a10371335684l.jpg

difference between old and new thighs:
278810162a10371335616l.jpg

ill take better photos tonite after watching the battlestar finale!

the gaps between the pieces are maybe still a bit big, but once i properly position eveything i'll be happy enough.

im working on the chest piece now, but its giving me a bit of bother- im tall and skinny, so getting a decent fit is tricky.

im using a hi def torso (cant remember which one tho- sorry!) my first one was too wide of the shoulders (hanging over by about 2 inchs each side so its not like i could get away with it :( and the second one, whilst better matching the width of my body, is now leaving a lot of stomach showing, and the neck hole is actually tiny. ill whack up some photos tomorrow hopefully

michaelarby said:
Quick update guys- i finished resizing my lower legs- redid the cod and thighs. it all looks a bit better together now:

278810162a10371335644l.jpg

278810162a10371335684l.jpg

difference between old and new thighs:
278810162a10371335616l.jpg

ill take better photos tonite after watching the battlestar finale!

the gaps between the pieces are maybe still a bit big, but once i properly position eveything i'll be happy enough.

im working on the chest piece now, but its giving me a bit of bother- im tall and skinny, so getting a decent fit is tricky.

im using a hi def torso (cant remember which one tho- sorry!) my first one was too wide of the shoulders (hanging over by about 2 inchs each side so its not like i could get away with it :( and the second one, whilst better matching the width of my body, is now leaving a lot of stomach showing, and the neck hole is actually tiny. ill whack up some photos tomorrow hopefully

That looks pretty comfortable to wear now, i think you're ready to fiberglass and resin, but need to fix up some stuff.

the chest doesn't have to be really perfect at fitting, but you could do that if you want. If it doesn't fit that good then when you're in your strapping stage just strap it until it fits good.

okay guys- heres a preview of how the finished costume should size up! im just using a tester for the chest at the minute- i intend to make a high def one over the next few weeks.

how does the helmet look? i was worried it might be a little too big?

any other tips or advice? cheers

278810162a10498892130l.jpg

278810162a10498892197l.jpg

278810162a10498892251l.jpg

278810162a10498892308l.jpg

You seem to already be on it, but the helmet is definetly too big, unfortunately. Good luck with the re-pepping. Really sucks that you need to redo that! From the looks of it though, you'll have it finished soon enough.

hmm, yeah the helmet is for sure to big... might wanna scale that down a bit more, from the side it doesn't look THAT bad, but from the front you notice it a lot more... and i THINK the forearms are a bit to big as well... but that is just my opinion... i could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time lol.

other than that... the armour is looking amazing ! i can't wait to see it finished =D

just a few pics of the chest piece which i finished last night. the helmet is a touch too big, so i might remake it. apart from that, thats the 'pep' (cardboard) phase of the project complete- now i can resin it all when the weather picks up a bit!!

278810162a10676958687l.jpg

278810162a10676958751l.jpg

278810162a10676958777l.jpg

278810162a10676958809l.jpg

278810162a10676958835l.jpg

Wow... your work is awesome... can't wait to be at the same stage as you are... but I'm nearly done with all the testers... so I should be pepping HD soon enough.

Can't wait to see the final product

Outstanding job on the chest! I saw the picture of you in your mock-up suit, and I got scared that you were building all those HD pieces with a low def chest, but then I read that you were building an HD one. Your suit looks great thus far, though, the helmet does look a bit big. Let's see some more!

That's a great build you got going there man! The only thing I see that might be off is the helmet, it looks a wee bit big, but you might be able to just fill in the inside with padding and such.

Can't wait for more updates.

Have you decided on colors?

VETERAN STATUS! AWOOGA!

colours? definitely master chief green, but not sure if i should go for a rich metallic green or a more militaristic olive scheme (uch as poopers) also dont know yet if it will be new or weathered..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back