Michaelarbys Mark Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelarby

Jr Member
Hey guys- ive been workin for about a month now on my pep armour, so ive got a few pieces together and thought i'd share with ya! cheers to the guys whose pep files im using!!

Arm:

278810162a9882198878l.jpg

278810162a9882198900l.jpg

278810162a9882198933l.jpg

Pretty pleased with the arms but i think i made them slightly too big cos i cant bend my arm much. i might make some subtle trimming to the forearm and bicep before i resin them- easier than making new ones from scratch!

Helmet progress:

278810162a9882198972l.jpg

I hope i made this the right size- its taken ages already!

hopefully get finished the helmet then started on the shins over the weekend!

Looks like you have been doing alot of work. Great job and I love the shout out to those whos Peps you are using. They worked hard so we all can work hard. Keep us posted.

Ithica

wicked sauce my friend...i wonder if the chief also lets his belt sit on his waist without putting it thru the loops..lol..get that helm together your stuff looks clean and i wanna see it done!!!

Don't forget that you will probably need to add padding later so it doesnt just float on your arm. It's always a good idea to make something a little big :3

Nice pepping so far! I like the scale of your arms. Trimming is always neccissary, as the files came out of a game, worn by someone who never has to change, or even move correctly. The in-game armor actualy overlaps a bit in some poses, so having to trim it when its the right size is compleetly understandable. Keep it up!

i was worried the arms were too big. i also finished the helmet and made a thigh over the weekend. helmet is maybe a touch too big, and the thigh was far too small- could barely get it on! if the arms are gonna be quite big and chunky then the legs should be too i reckon. otherwise it wouldnt look right- thick arms and skinny legs! ill post more pics tomorrow hopefully. thanks for the kind words guys.

I'd say stick with all the parts you make until you have them all done. As far as a compleeted suit of armor goes when scaleing is concerned, there is a margin between too big, and too small. That 'comfort zone' is compleetly up to you. The route Im taking is to scale everything slightly bigger than my comfort zone, when the peice is by itself. MC's armor is supposed to be bulky, and Im trying to avoid the 'poodle effect' that comes from having armor that is too small. All im saying is you wont know if your helmet is too big until you have it next to your chest peice.

nice job on the folds man, very nice work. and yeah the arms are a bit too big... but in theory, if the whole suit is the same size, it SHOULD work out in the end lol. and if it doesn't, well then just chalk it up to valuable experience and practice for the next suit :D lol.

looking forward to seeing more progress and the final version man. *thumbs up*

ok guys a few more photos-

got the helmet made- its maybe too big but theres no way im re making that mother!! also got the thigh made that it fits, but compared to the arms its maybe still too tight. however, since i thought the arms were too chunky to begin with, i was considering remaking them a bit more snug anyway. I like the codpiece, but since its only a lo def model, and in my noobishness i taped it instead of gluing it, i think ill remake a hi def version! so next on the agenda is left thigh, then belt/cod, then left bicep. after that i'll maybe redo the forearms.

278810162a9913059690l.jpg

278810162a9913059718l.jpg

278810162a9913059779l.jpg

278810162a9913059812l.jpg

278810162a9913059833l.jpg

278810162a9913059859l.jpg

278810162a9913059928l.jpg

278810162a9913059987l.jpg

quick question regarding shins- do they need to be hinged or made in several parts? im just curious if you can get a foot safely through a one piece shin without either damaging the pep, or getting it stuck in a fibreglassed piece...

Nice work with the pep! You've been buisy! I've told you my preferance to scaleing. I would say your helmet and arms are fine (though, looking at it again your forarm might be a bit big...) and that your cod and thigh are a bit too small. It all comes down to the scale of the chestpeice. Unfortunately, its hard to tell if a peice is REALLY scaled wrong untill you have it all on. Im still not sure if my cod is too small... and its the second one im on!

but yeah, if you scale everything on the big side, your helmet is fine. keep it up!

You could do it like regular appolstry. Resin-in a handplate shaped block of wood to the underside of the handplate, and then stapple it to the glove from the back.

Or, you could bolt the shaped peice of wood to the glove using small, short hardware, using pleny of large washers so they dont pull through, and then mount your handplate to the wood with a few tiny screws around the sides.

Both techniques would work, and Ive used them before for various projects. I'll probrbaly use the second way myself. Its a bit harder, but you dont have to worry about fitting a giant stappler into the inside of the glove... depending on the way its done, you might pad the inside of the glove so you dont feel the bolt heads.

It may sound a bit 'stocky' either way you go, but its supposed to be armor! Next to a finished fore-are peice, it will blend right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back