Michaelarbys Mark Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
....where did you come from? How did I miss this? ;)

Your pepping looks great and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Great job scaling and two thumbs way up!

got underway with the resining- bout halfway through the first coat. need to make a few adjustments to my peps tho- have to cut bigger neck hole in the chest armour, separate cod into separate pieces, and adjust biceps that they fit better, and that both bicep guards are to the same curve/width etc. hopefully ill make it to the convention at the end of the month!

Fantastic work my friend. Im in the same boat with the freakishly large helmet... Im about halfway to where you are and i had a bit of a question.
What size did you scale your chest and how tall are you?

im 6ft 2in and rather skinny. i cant exactly how wide i set the chest and helmet though.

with the helmet, even a centimetre difference in width can make a lot of difference to the overall size- i made a few testers and worked out that approx 225mm (width) was a better fit for my head- the one pictures is actually about 275 and much too wide.

i think the chest is around the 400-420mm width mark but i could be wrong. with robogenesis' pep, that fits the width of my shoulders but i needed to cut the neck hole much larger

Excellent work on your armour :D

I'm liking the progress thus so far. Agreed helmet is a little large but should be fine scaled down. I hope to get my Armour up soon. Started another build but i'm lacking in a decent camera apart from my Webcam which takes the smallest photos i have ever seen.

Started another suit to for my friend at pepping stages with that as he is smaller than me.

Test chests are the way to go first before HD. Don't do a me and print out HD after HD trying to fit then realise oh wait theres a tester in the same folder :/

Regards

Venom/Matt

was using a 385 height- much too small. finally settled on a 420 which is about right. though it may interfere with the belt and need a few mm trimmed off later. or maybe not- too early to tell! :D

Darn it. started to fibreglass the suit yesterday- didnt even get the butt plate finished before i gave up in frustration! first i tried to be clever and made big strips of fibreglass. though now i know that its just less bother to use wee small squares! secondly, the little plastic cups i was using as a resin pot actally melted, and i lost about 100ml of good resin :(. now i need to find something else to store my resin in! thirdly- i got loose fibres stuck all over my gloves and armour. this is not fun, and is goin to take a LOT longer than i expected!!

they say fiberglassing is the baddest part ,but for me its the easiest ,ill tell you a secret ,okay this may sound stupid nut i resin and fiberglass each section as i pep to make sure my hand desnt eend up geting stuck in the helm or something like that

sup guys- i havnt been on here in a while but ive been plugging away on my armour- its now got two layers of fibreglass, and im using a dremel to smooth out the exterior before giving it a second resin coat. still loads to do- sanding, dremelling, painting and strapping, not to mention getting the visor and undersuit sorted, but hopefully ill have it done in time for halloween. no photos just yet but hopefully get some soon!

all the best!

howdy guys! few more pics! havnt uploaded in quite some time but i have been workin away! halloween this weekend but it looks like i should have it all done in time- thankfully im off college this week!

was a bit worried about the initial coat of paint- as you can see from the photo it looks more like a kids toy helmet than a daring piece of armour! i was also worried that the colour was too 'cartoony' but thankfully after i sanded the shine off it and gave it the weathered look it looks much more like a real helmet, whilst still having quite a rich colour!

im pleased with how its turned out so far. the only issue ive had is that the helmet is a bit of skew down the front, though its not really noticeable unless you look closely!

ill put up more photos shortly, but i also tried a different method of making the torso wearable- rather than cutting it in two and hinging it from the shoulders, i cut out the two sections that pass under the arms- you can see them in the last photo next to the gut plate. this allows the torso to be slipped over the head quite easily (if you're a skinny mope like me anyway!). i'll then strap and buckle these two pieces back onto the torso so they can be easily attached/detached when needed.

ok guys i just about got the costume finished in time for halloween! unfortunately my mate who was giving me a lift to the niteclub was 2 HOURS LATE so i missed out on the £1000 costume prize :(

Heres a few shots from halloween night! still havnt taken decent promo shots of the entire costume- i had to give my camera to my mates on halloween due to lack of pockets, and they turned out to be awful photographers!! a few wee scuff marks and repairs needed first before i take decent shots but ill put em up as soon as they're done!!

heres a few pics anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back