Microsoft Cracking Down On Pep Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, that this could be someone who's whining about 405th.

Though on MS's side, it's their property, they do whatever they want.

If we can't host on 4shared, we'll just host it somewhere else...

No biggy.

And in my opinion, recreating a prop from a game model is way more than 15% different. They can't do anything with copyrights.

Wow..WAIT!!!!!!!!!...........Microsoft owns (our) pepeakura files?????????????????????????????????? Wow, now I really have a reason to hate Bill Gates and his evil empire known as Microsoft. But serously why would Microsoft want to get credit off of our great pepakura file designers and then make money/profit/credit/reptutation off of the 405th made pepakura pep files? It just doesn't make sense. I am OCD about not trusting other people and big corporations and companies and if my hobby and lifestyle of pepakura making is going to be threatened by Microsoft :angry I seriously will be deeply offened because I hate Bill Gates and microsoft.

So if our hobby of pepakura is made for some unknown God foresaken illegal by Microsoft I will start (with the other people who have said this) an underground pepakura pirate group.

Tyvern said:
Wow..WAIT!!!!!!!!!...........Microsoft owns (our) pepeakura files?????????????????????????????????? Wow, now I really have a reason to hate Bill Gates and his evil empire known as Microsoft. But serously why would Microsoft want to get credit off of our great pepakura file designers and then make money/profit/credit/reptutation off of the 405th made pepakura pep files? It just doesn't make sense. I am OCD about not trusting other people and big corporations and companies and if my hobby and lifestyle of pepakura making is going to be threatened by Microsoft :angry I seriously will be deeply offened because I hate Bill Gates and microsoft.

So if our hobby of pepakura is made for some unknown God foresaken illegal by Microsoft I will start (with the other people who have said this) an underground pepakura pirate group.

we'll meet under parkinson bridge, the code will be "sic semper tyrannis" and we will build our armor stockpiles until we have enough suits to storm MS's offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trinityblue said:
nice way nice how much do you think you have stored

i got all the odst weta files all the ones in the pep index wiki and the halo 3 odst pep files with other random ones like ironman etc.

The 405th needs somewhere we can safely store pep files and keep said place backed-up just in case. Actually it would be nice to have somewhere you could simply browse for pep files...NEW SITE IDEA.....lol. I wish I could do that.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with leak scare. I mean come on, they haven't had a problem with us so far.

PsychoMike said:
i got all the odst weta files all the ones in the pep index wiki and the halo 3 odst pep files with other random ones like ironman etc.

save all the HD mark VI. u will be thanked!

I'll find a new file uploader for my website. My website has weekly backups being done so we wouldn't loose any files.

Unless there were other files other than the ODST ones, chaulk it up to the ODST Leak... rename your files... move on. They aren't an evil corp trying to kill pep.

Tyvern said:
Or maybe Das their looking for a profit!

Again, only if more than one style of file was targeted. If all files are shut down, then they are evil, yada yada, yada... if only the odst, and i mean ALL odst files, it's different. We'll have to wait and see.

BTW: i'm not affiliated with microsoft

Just a reminder, the 405th Source is still working on a pepakura download hub and has been for a little while now, it's a long tedious process but it will be much more organized and reliable when it's finished including an uber search engine. There's only X amount of staff members, doing what we can when we can... promise to get it up as soon as possible :)

newdownloadcenter.jpg

Cheers,

Kensai

PS: We DO have all the pep files backed up ;). Also, Microsoft owns the rights to Halo in association with Bungie.. they can very well do whatever they like as anyone who owns a copyright to a product.

The situation is bum, I have been saveing anything i can find on my comp. So much i had to creat folders to seperate the odst, marines, and mc. Im going to start on the weapons tonight. Maybe I'll creat a covenet folder also, i saw some of those files somewhere.

Don't use trademarked names for the files. It will be harder for them to take legal action. In my opinion, if I created a 3d model from scratch, it belongs to me.

Tandhem said:
save all the HD mark VI. u will be thanked!

Already done from a long time ago :). I've pretty much indexed enough files for most major suit builds from a while back:

Mk. IV - V - VI

ODST (WETA and ODST variants)

H3 marine

Mk. IV is only missing a few files because they're not out yet but I'll be on those as soon as they are!

So there, eat it microsoft. Eat it.. and like it. =D

Same here. I got the major suits saved on my comp and just about every other misc, pep armor and prop. Well I hope it is. Anyways worst comes to shove and this does turn into a worst case scenario we're covered on many fronts. After all they can't take us all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back