Mjolnir armor and paintball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestormpb182

I want to make a MJOLNIR suite and use it to play paintball....any suggestions on where to start and what materials to use / not to use?

Thanks

you're not going to be able to move fast wearing armor, but...

The faceshield won't protect you from a paintball. For safety sake, don't do it at all.

but that's just me.

Fiberglass pepakura...its what im doing and find a paint ball helmate that looks like a mc helmate i wouldn't paint ball in a fiberglassed helmate lol.

Thanks everyone,
The only problem is finding a paintball mask that looks like an MC helmet. Is there any molding material I could use that doesn't shatter?

Also while I'm posting this does anyone have a tutorial they know of that is has good plans?

i know jt makes a full head shield for $30
unles you kept the fiberglass right on the helmet and made it really thick i wouldnt do it

You could try to find a paintball lense. hell the one for the V-force Grillz they say are resistant to a shotgun(but they recomend you dont try). But paintball lenses are pretty strong its just gonna be hard to find one in the shape you need.

MC Chris said:
You could try to find a paintball lense. hell the one for the V-force Grillz they say are resistant to a shotgun(but they recomend you dont try). But paintball lenses are pretty strong its just gonna be hard to find one in the shape you need.

I ride a motorcycle and my lense on my HJC is pretty tough, you guys really don't think it'll hold up to a paintball?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
the lense, could be easy to find (like i posted not long ago) but the way you make the helmet is going to be important.

MC Chris said:
the lense, could be easy to find (like i posted not long ago) but the way you make the helmet is going to be important.
sweet, and do you have a good tutorial on making a helmet? also is the helmet the best thing to start with?

not just a paintball but a law blast

its a question of the lense resiliance and the way you mount it

strong lense+weak mounts = lense in face
weak lense+strong mounts = lense failure

starfox64 said:
not just a paintball but a law blast

its a question of the lense resiliance and the way you mount it

strong lense+weak mounts = lense in face
weak lense+strong mounts = lense failure

Good point thats why i did state you have a good lense you need to make the helmet just as good, if you make it crappy you got your self a problem when you get cyclopeds

Plus, though it would look cool, as Adam pointed out you will be a slow target. You'd get hit, most likely multiple times, close to the start of the round. Safety issues aside, it's not a logical plan as far as Paintball gear goes. I would shift plans, and make Marine or ODST armor for Paintball. Motorcycle helmets look somewhat similar to ODST, and their body armor allows for rapid movement. Your clothing would be most likely BDU's or Urban Camo dress. The material used to make BDU's is great for dampening a paintball's sting. I would highly recommend shifting costume layouts if you intend to stick with the Paintball theme.

some people might think its cheating that you have armor that is hard enough that you cant feel it, so if you get hit, you wont know it but the shooter will.

then there is the safety issues

As far as it not being a logical thing thats not a problem. I paintball at the worlds largest paintball event D-DAY / ION (invasion of normandy) at Skirmish USA in PA. And they will treat it as an invincible "cyborg" prototype, basically the only thing that can stop me there is a paint grenade or paint "rocket"

Not to mention they have a costume contest, and this past year first place was a kid in a bananna costume....I'm pretty sure Master Cheif would wreck a bananna's day :)

Master Chief armor is dangerous, heavy, and well the painting and stuff will make it wasted effort when it's barraged by paintballs.

I would go with Halo 1 Marine Armor, ODST, or H2 Marine Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back