MJOLNIR GEN2 Custom Armor | CODENAME: WOLVERINE - 1st build / try (foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I just wrote it, I didn't mean to impose. I sometimes forget things in the process. ^^'
And since you're taking a lot of care in the planning stage, I thought I'd rather point it out. It's easy to overlook.

Oh, as for the shoulders - actually I was even thinking the Recruit shoulders could look great. They are big and bulky... I'm not mentioning Recon shoulders as you probably didn't want them anyway.
Or the GEN2 version of Mark VI GEN1? There is nice lookin EOD too, but I'm just mentioning the Recruit shoulders as I personally like them and looking at your build, IMO they would fit very nicely as well.
Also, sadly, there are no files for the Halo 5 shoulders, because for example, Fred has very nice shoulders that could fit.

Recruit shoulder - http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=865

Oh yeah, I know, I think everything goes through Frankfurt airport, right? I just, either you never mentioned you were from Germany or I missed that so I had no idea you were in Europe. :D
As for the Gamescom - oh pity. There is a meet-up on Saturday! So most people will be on Saturday... and in the evening maybe... pizza? PIZZA? *pizza - hint, hint*

Oh, I just wrote it, I didn't mean to impose. I sometimes forget things in the process.

Nevermind! I didn't perceived it the "bad way"...;) Everything's fine!

...I was even thinking the Recruit shoulders could look great...

Thought of them, too. But to be honest: Don't really like'em.

...Fred has very nice shoulders that could fit...

You're right. I've checked them out, they seem to be of a similar fashion, like the chief's, with the same biceps part (which I - in fact - like very much) and the additional "handle" on the left side:

fred_104_shoulders.png

That leaves me with some new ideas to sleep over... :D

I just, either you never mentioned you were from Germany or I missed that so I had no idea you were in Europe. :D

Oh, I never mentioned it in the suit-building-thread, that's right. And it's not mentioned within the forum profile. Right, too. :D But you can find the info right over here, in the "Introduce-yourself-thread":

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=11765&page=290&p=756787&viewfull=1#post756787

Didn't think of becoming / research how to become a member of the European Regiment until now - so there is no "EUROPEAN-badge" which could have given any hint on this. :cool

There is a meet-up on Saturday! So most people will be on Saturday... and in the evening maybe... pizza? PIZZA? *pizza - hint, hint*

Pizza sounds good. Everyone loves Pizza, I guess. :lol But visiting the Gamescom on Saturday is - I'd say - a bit daring. The last time, I visited Gamescom was back in 2011. Me, my wife and some friends stood right in front of the entrance on Saturday, we had tickets, but no one let us in anyway for around 2 hours. After that, we left and sweared to visit the next Gamescom weekdays... Well, in fact we never came back. :behave Regarding this year, the only real reason to visit the fair, would be the meet-up with some of you guys - even if my own suit won't at any chance be finished until the date... Well, who knows... Maybe I'll rethink the never-saturday-rule and try some colognish Pizza...

Yeah, it's similar to Chief's but it's more bulky and I like the details, like the "handle"-thingy, etc.

2117.h5_2D00_guardians_2D00_render_2D00_fred.jpg

jaemus-wurzbach-jaemus-h5-fred.jpg

OH! OOOH. Why didn't they let you in, when you had tickets?! WTF? THey should have let you in immediately, just checked the tickets... o_O'

Attachments

• 2117.h5_2D00_guardians_2D00_render_2D00_fred.jpg
    2117.h5_2D00_guardians_2D00_render_2D00_fred.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 408
  • jaemus-wurzbach-jaemus-h5-fred.jpg
    jaemus-wurzbach-jaemus-h5-fred.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 793
OH! OOOH. Why didn't they let you in, when you had tickets?! WTF? THey should have let you in immediately, just checked the tickets... o_O'

On this Saturday, back in 2011, the Gamescom halls where so massively crowed, that the only chance they had to ensure visitors safety, was to close the doors. Unfortunately over 50% of the people inside, had just bought tickets on the daily checkout in the morning and many people outside - like me - had bought tickets several weeks before and weren't let in... The yelp was huge, the complaints numerous, but that changed anything. The fault was, that they just sold more tickets than there were space for the people... I guess, meanwhile they may have learned from their errors... Well, we will see.

Anyways: Thanks for the additional reference pictures...!!! The longer I watch it, the more I like it. It's - beside the helmet and the backplate of the torso (a bit to bulky for my taste) - a quite nice suit. :)

By the way: Some new undersuit color schemes beneath... The first one is the last design (added for comparison), the second one aims for a darker theme and orients on the more futuristic suit, seen in the last X-Men movie. The third one is a variation of no.2, adding a bit of white, leading back to a bit lighter theme... :)

wolverine_undersuit_variants_01.png

wolverine_undersuit_variants_02.png

Edit (lunch break = more colors *g*): Version 4 adds more white (at the neck), version 5 changes the neck color to blue and version 6 adds even more blue...

Looking really good! I like your thoughtful preparations on the undersuit, can't wait to see the final product.

Removed the visor section, yesterday. 1st time that I used a dremel... :confused So I was a bit nervous, using the helmet for my 1st try, but in the end I'm pretty happy how it turned out:

Foto 15.05.16, 18 10 53.jpg Foto 15.05.16, 18 11 12.jpg

The next step will be, to clean the surface up:

Foto 15.05.16, 18 13 14.jpg

Sorry for the absence, guys! I've been away for holiday and things gone a bit haywire after my return. Lot's of non-armor-work to do. So no further progress on the helmet, unfortunately. But: I found some time to re-think over the armor parts that I wanna use for my suits... After Mara (Palmer) pointed to Fred's CENTURION armor in Halo 5: Guardians, I started to check out the possibilities again. And when my wife told me, I should consider a suit that looks a bit more heavy than the SCOUT and RECON variants to match my body style better... Well, I threw every armor-part-decision (not the helmet, for sure) over board and started from the scratch...

Finally, I really like the most parts of Fred's suit. But the chest and the backplate are a bit too bulky for my taste... Looking for more BLUE TEAM pictures, I stumbled over the HERMES variant again and realized that it shares some "basic design guidelines" with Fred's, so I started to mix the two suits up in PhotoShop and added the HUNTER helmet... I kept the light silver-blueish coloring Kelly's HERMES suit had in the pictures and added some metallic grey here and there and some more contrast to the yellow lines, the suit already had... Well... Long story, short - here is what came out:

centurion_hermes_combination.png

The undersuit in the picture is still just black, not because I also changed my mind here, just because I did focus on the armor parts... I must say, I like how it turned out. What do you guys think?

By the way: I also did some research on combat knives on the web and decided to not use the standard U.N.S.C. version. I found a nice design (could be Call of Duty related, I'm not sure) and adapted it - this is my first approach on this...

custom_combat_knife.png

And that's it, for today. See ya!

Hmmmm.... your work station is giving me some ideas for my own. Seeing as I'm in the process of building another desk right now though, it might not be a great idea to start a new work station, but yours is definitely a solid layout. Good luck on your armor. I'll definitely be following this build. I can see just from your preparation that you work like I do, so I'll be excited to see how this turns out.

To be honest I have to say now your concept for armor looks way cooler! O_O

And yeah, the knife is from CS:GO.
CS:GO / COD used the very very similar blade for their game as 343i used with Halo.
While 343i made some changed, the CS/COD used the same blade as it is.
I don't remember the full name of the real knife, but it's "Huntsman".

But, I am just wondering - if you said you are more heavy built, won't the Hermes chest be little too small?
It's pretty slim and small... So I'm just wondering, if you were aware, then everything is perfect, because overall your concept looks great! :D

H5-Waypoint-Hermes.png

Hmmmm.... your work station is giving me some ideas for my own. Seeing as I'm in the process of building another desk right now though, it might not be a great idea to start a new work station, but yours is definitely a solid layout. Good luck on your armor. I'll definitely be following this build. I can see just from your preparation that you work like I do, so I'll be excited to see how this turns out.
Thanks! :) I'm very pleased, my "attic-workshop" seems to be somewhat inspirational. :cool

To be honest I have to say now your concept for armor looks way cooler! O_O
Well, some things just need some time to mature... Glad, you like it. :D

But, I am just wondering - if you said you are more heavy built, won't the Hermes chest be little too small?
Well, yes. I'm not slight. So I have to play with undersuit-muscles and armor a bit to achieve the right proportions in the end, but: Either way, I don't wanna look too much like a "tank" and the idea behind the character backstory needs a little attention for the "scout-work" he would have to do. Both good arguments against the CENTURION chest - and: I don't like the CENTURIONS back...

Maybe it's just me, but when I look at the three armors (in the pic below), the HERMES seems to be slightly heavier than the RECON is and has a larger back - which means it has a larger side-profile... That should do it for me. And: I still have the opportunity to change the scale a little to fit my chest better... So, yes I'm aware of the chest-measures and I'm fine with it. *g* But thanks for the well-intentioned advice!

chest_comparison.png

And yeah, the knife is from CS:GO. CS:GO / COD used the very very similar blade for their game as 343i used with Halo. While 343i made some changed, the CS/COD used the same blade as it is. I don't remember the full name of the real knife, but it's "Huntsman".

I just revisited your thread to see, how you are goin'... And guess, what I've found first: The pictures of your knife! Seems, like we have the same likings - depending on this... :) I swear I didn't notice it before... :unsure :$

Hey, real cool build thread (planning as of now? ) like many I think you have quite the enviable workspace xD. Any room mates or partner that needed convincing before setting up Haha :p ?

Also, have you gotten around to making a plaster body cast or duct tape dummy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any room mates or partner that needed convincing before setting up Haha :p ?
Partner = YES // CONVINCING = NO :) Just told my wife, I'd like to transform some space of the (until than unused) attic to my armor-workshop and she said: "Ok, have fun." :cool

Also, have you gotten around to making a plaster body cast or duct tape dummy?
It's the first thing I'll do right after the helmet is finished. At the moment I'm testing several ideas for the visor...

And yeah, the knife is from CS:GO. CS:GO / COD used the very very similar blade for their game as 343i used with Halo. While 343i made some changed, the CS/COD used the same blade as it is. I don't remember the full name of the real knife, but it's "Huntsman".
Well guys, I just found out, that I - despite my conscientious research on undersuits and armor types - completely failed on the combat knife...

I took me until 10 minutes ago, to realize that this was just the old U.N.S.C. standard knife (which I definitely did not want to use):

custom_combat_knife_halo3.png

...and this is the knife in Halo 4 (and maybe 5):

custom_combat_knife_halo4.png

How embarrassing... :facepalm To my defense: I kill my enemies mostly with the guns over a distance and never used the knife in close combat... :$

Well, I guess I'll have to decide now, if the saw-like part on the upper blade is non-standard enough or me... :D

Design-Checklist:

- Get 3D / Pepakura / Foam models of all armor parts. :thumbsup *done*
- Make a decision on the final undersuit coloring. :thumbsup *done*
- Take pictures of the 3D models and place them on the undersuit renderings. :thumbsup *done*
- Colorize the armor, matching the color scheme of the first photoshop-collage. :thumbsup :thumbsdown *partly.done*

And this is, what I have for now (front-view ready):

MJOLNIR GEN2 WOLVERINE Sizes & Colors.png

(changed the position of the shoulder pads a little and played with the sizes of torso and butt-plate)

Well. Guess, this is my final approach... :) :cheers I'm pretty happy with it, so far.

Edit // Update:

Last edited by a moderator:
wolvy_zpseq86wxjt.png

let me know if these renders are beneficial to u. still need to situate the rest of the armor.:)

Attachments

• wolvy_zpseq86wxjt.png
    wolvy_zpseq86wxjt.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 161
let me know if these renders are beneficial to u. still need to situate the rest of the armor.:)

Just finished the back-view coloring of my drawing in my lunch-break and came here to just upload the updated image... And than I found this. This is perfect, man! Thank you so much.

I will gratefully take every picture from every conceivable perspective, you can provide. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back