1st Build Mjolnir Mk. V (K) (First Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 9:

The helmet was succesfully bondoed and sanded. A coat of primer was added so I could see the shapes clearly.

And I'm sorry about the quality of the 2nd and 3rd pic, my phone camera is not that good. Anyway, I did a quick test fit today and MAN, WEARING THIS FEELS AWESOME.

IMG_20200626_012012_382.jpg

PSX_20200626_015439.jpg

PSX_20200626_015338.jpg

I'm sorry for the lack of updates
Bondoing and sanding takes a lot of work and time

Meanwhile, I was trying to figure out what kind of paint job would look cool in the armor.
After talking with some friends, I'm thinking about making a crossover between 2 of my favorite games: Halo and Dead Space

I'm planning to give it a paint job inspired on the Zealot Suit from Dead Space 2.
It wont be 100% exact. I'll try to stick with the same color pattern (dark red, gray, black and silver), and the writings wont be so big (I'll make them really small, like tiny ornaments on some parts of the armor)

What do you guys think? Should I do it? Or should I stick with the standard UNSC paint job? I need some opinions lol

images (2).jpeg

I'm sorry for the lack of updates
Bondoing and sanding takes a lot of work and time

Meanwhile, I was trying to figure out what kind of paint job would look cool in the armor.
After talking with some friends, I'm thinking about making a crossover between 2 of my favorite games: Halo and Dead Space

I'm planning to give it a paint job inspired on the Zealot Suit from Dead Space 2.
It wont be 100% exact. I'll try to stick with the same color pattern (dark red, gray, black and silver), and the writings wont be so big (I'll make them really small, like tiny ornaments on some parts of the armor)

What do you guys think? Should I do it? Or should I stick with the standard UNSC paint job? I need some opinions lol

View attachment 292892
I really like the red glyphs scheme but the light white/silver seems a bit more distracting.

Do you know if there's a translation for those characters?

I really like the red glyphs scheme but the light white/silver seems a bit more distracting.

Do you know if there's a translation for those characters?

Yes, I'll focus more on the red and black, I'll use just a little bit of silver to write the characters, and they'll be really tiny and on very specific points of the armor instead of being recklessly written all over the suit like they did in Dead Space.

And yes, the characters can be translated but I dont know if someone actually did it. Each character has a corresponding letter in the alphabet, so I can write my own things.

The good thing about paint is that you can always just paint over it if you decide you want something else. I personally have always wanted to stick to the halo universe when it comes to my armor but there isn’t anything wrong with wanting to do something different.

I have a question.
After bondoing I added a coat of rondo inside the pieces to give em some structural strength.
After that I did another test fit. I noticed that the bicep piece is always bumping into the lower part of the chest piece.
I cant put my arms 100% straight down because of this issue (the pic quoted above is an example)

I'm afraid this happened because I scaled it wrong, and I dont want to do everything again

Does it look too bad? Because it doesnt bother me that much

I have a question.
After bondoing I added a coat of rondo inside the pieces to give em some structural strength.
After that I did another test fit. I noticed that the bicep piece is always bumping into the lower part of the chest piece.
I cant put my arms 100% straight down because of this issue (the pic quoted above is an example)

I'm afraid this happened because I scaled it wrong, and I dont want to do everything again

Does it look too bad? Because it doesnt bother me that much

You could cut the chest piece at the front and back and add adjustable strapping or elastic into it to make it sit tighter to the body. Filling in the "gaps" with foam or cloth that looks like the under suit. Just an idea, I know cutting doesn't sound like the best idea but sometimes it helps to properly fit the suit.

Update 10!

All pieces were succesfully fiberglassed/bondoed and sanded! I also added a coat of rondo on the inside of each piece to make them even sturdier.

After this process I added a quick coat of primer and a coat of graphite colored spray paint.
The helmet also got some black paint on some areas.
This how everything looks like so far!

?hash=49b123e7b81bd009b2a45fb902aa5fd5.jpg

IMG_20200724_005322_028.jpg

IMG_20200724_005322_035.jpg

IMG_20200724_004547793_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20200724_011131964_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_005322_030.jpg
    IMG_20200724_005322_030.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20200724_004724595_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200724_004724595_HDR.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 152
wow that is a good looking suit man and this is only the test fit i cant wait to see this all painted up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back