Mk7 build (3D printing for the first time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also not sure how I'm going to attach the extremely heavy back piece to the chest piece. I tried clips but they're so awkward to place on this specific armour. Maybe a combo of magnets and elastics? We'll see.
hello, I did not do well with magnets and I used clips, elastics and velcro, even though you will need someone to help you dress
I'm also not sure how I'm going to attach the extremely heavy back piece to the chest piece. I tried clips but they're so awkward to place on this specific armour. Maybe a combo of magnets and elastics? We'll see.
hello, I tried to use magnets but for me with the armor chiefmaestro h4, it didn't work the magnets couldn't support the weight, so I used velcro, clips and elastics. It went quite well, at least nothing came loose, but you will need someone to help you dress with this system, but that was my experience, perhaps with more powerful magnets it will work, good luck

hello, I did not do well with magnets and I used clips, elastics and velcro, even though you will need someone to help you dress

hello, I tried to use magnets but for me with the armor chiefmaestro h4, it didn't work the magnets couldn't support the weight, so I used velcro, clips and elastics. It went quite well, at least nothing came loose, but you will need someone to help you dress with this system, but that was my experience, perhaps with more powerful magnets it will work, good luck
velcro seems like a good idea. i'll experiment with the placement. thanks for the suggestion!

Boonis,

Maybe a suggestion. I cut up an old camelback that I had lying around and attached it to my backhalf by hot gluing a nylon strap across the shoulders. Then my front half is connected by means of 8 10lb pull magnets. It's pretty solid and won't come off while the heavy jetpack stays in place pretty well.

Attachments

• 20220722_034215.jpg
    20220722_034215.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 105
  • 20220703_150039.jpg
    20220703_150039.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 120
  • 20220703_150202.jpg
    20220703_150202.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 20220722_034257.jpg
    20220722_034257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Boonis,

Maybe a suggestion. I cut up an old camelback that I had lying around and attached it to my backhalf by hot gluing a nylon strap across the shoulders. Then my front half is connected by means of 8 10lb pull magnets. It's pretty solid and won't come off while the heavy jetpack stays in place pretty well.
That's genius! I considered gluing a whole backpack on the inside before, but I wasn't sure if it would work. Your method of cutting the back off seems way better. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

That's genius! I considered gluing a whole backpack on the inside before, but I wasn't sure if it would work. Your method of cutting the back off seems way better. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip!
Thanks, I only used a camelback because I was going to throw it away anyways. And I just recently learned from a YouTube video about hot gluing nylon. Although it was for foam I tested it out on PLA filament and it worked great so thats what I'm going to use from now on. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your results!

please buy fans for the helmet. it gets really hot in there haha
Sponges are not really known for erm. heat distribution.
I'd try some helmet pads on amazon, but if you like it, no need to change ita

good job on print quality.

The tedious resin applying is done. All that's left is primer and painting! And putting all the foam stuff in the armour after.
That's an awesome build! I can't wait to see it! I have one question...which is probably a dumb one , but what software do you use to slice your files into pieces?

please buy fans for the helmet. it gets really hot in there haha
Sponges are not really known for erm. heat distribution.
I'd try some helmet pads on amazon, but if you like it, no need to change ita

good job on print quality.
don't worry, i remove my helmet more often than master chief from the paramount halo series xD.

chest.PNG

So it looks like the chest piece of my armour is too big for me. It's scaled pretty accurately to the in game model but Im tiny so I need to make it smaller :'(
While redoing the whole thing, I thought it'd be the perfect time to lighten it. I spent a while removing the jet thingies from the back on Meshmixer because the jets are completely solid when printed which creates a lot of weight. I might decide to make the jet things out of foam, or print them separately so they can be attached and removed when I'm tired.
Really hope this works. Pax West is in a few weeks and I might bring this outfit there!

IMG_2081.JPG

The whole costume is not ready to bring to Pax so I'm just going to bring the helmet to the afterparty rave thing. Threw a random mohawk on it to catch the lights! Literally just stuck it on with green masking tape. It looks so goofy, but that's what I'm going for lool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back