MK9 Noob saibot mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

noble 1

the pep is done and the first coat of resin is drying as i type this. here is the only pic i have at the moment

IMG_20110508_055338.jpg

Quick update.
With only 4 hours total put into this, from pep to where I am at now.
IMG_20110508_154454.jpg

IMG_20110508_154443.jpg

I am done working on it today, I should be finished with this by the end of the week.

The scaling was simple since I have made the MK Vs. DCU Scorpion and Sub-Zero mask in the past all I did was keep the scale height and used it for future masks, I should be releasing all the masks from MK9 ( and I mean all the ninja face masks ) by the end of the week along with the unfolded parts for the DS2 Security Suit and DS2 Military Suit around the same time.

decided to do a little more work on in after my mom went to work got a coat of primer and started cutting out the places where wire mesh will go. it is marked in red.

100_6927-1.jpg

100_6926.jpg

Hey! I too am working on MK costumes! I built this same mask and am in the process of hardening/bondo sand sand sanding it. haha. I am doing Noob Saibot and Scorpion from MK9!

No it was a very easy unfold for me to do, I also have Reptile's mask and Scorpion's Sword on the Tamasoft Pepakura Gallery now. I'll be working on more masks tomarrow, trying to make Scorpions mask not so much a pain but it may be unavoidable. Smoke's mask is messed up on the 3D Model it's twisted but I will be doing his Alternate mask which looks a little like Noob Saibot's just a little different in front is all. My biggest challenge to unfold in the future will be one of the Jax arms, and that way for the other arm all you will have to do is invert the pattern. It looks a lot like Iron Man arms.

@nintendude
so you are the one who posted the file in the gallery, thank you for uploading it it has been a fun build so far.

Yep I'm the one, since then I've uploaded 3 other items so far to the gallery a couple of Scorpion's weapons and Reptile's mask.

since i have nothing else to do at the moment i thought i would post this
100_6928.jpg

i cut a chunk off the tip of my finger trying to do this without a dremel, got way to impatient. but i will hopefully get the wire mesh and paint in the morning and will have this done in a day or two.

P.S. just noticed how blurry the pic is i take better one tomorrow.

James.

i was wondering what kind of paint would be best for the gray part, i have some silver paint but i just don't think it would look good, here is a pic of what it will look like when done
1735040-mk2011_noob_saibot_super.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back