MKVI Master Chief WIP (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I want to go the vacuum form route quite yet. (mostly because I don't know if I have the space and materials for everything.) I think I am going to try and see if I can contact the Etsy seller and get some dimensions. I've heard that most sellers are easy to get into contact with so I guess i'll give that a try.

here goes nothing... So with high school now checked off the to do list. I can now focus almost entirely on two things. Work and chief. Aaaaand over the last 3ish weeks I have gotten many things accomplished. i figured out the cracking issue i was running into before. turns out my tube of bondo finishing putty was expired so got another tube and all is good. I finished all pieces for the torso, and got the helmet all ready to accept the visor which I am still working on.
View attachment 270765View attachment 270766
I was thinking of using a motorcycle helmet visor for the helmet. Anyone done this before who can give any tips??

After watching angellegend's videos on assembly. I ended up making a brace kind of system that I am fairly proud of given it is my first attempt. I know in the recesses of my mind I will probably redo it, but it will work for right now. i dont have a picture of the system i used at the moment but this picture gives the general idea.View attachment 270767
some things didn't line up too good at first. I got that straightened out now.

Up next on the list is to basically work from the torso out to the shoulders and down to the hands. I want to get back to getting stuff done, but I got a promotion at work which requires me to be full time. Right when I thought I had all the time in the world to work on chief something else comes in stealing that precious time. I'll try to be more up to date with this thread instead of lumpy updates. enjoy
what did you used to harden the inside? it doesnt look like its covered with fiberglass cloth or mats. or maybe it is lol am not sure but it sure looks clean!

what did you used to harden the inside? it doesnt look like its covered with fiberglass cloth or mats. or maybe it is lol am not sure but it sure looks clean!
I used smooth-on ONYX fast. it is a 2 part liquid plastic that you mix by volume not weight which makes life really easy. it is a very simple system to use. and is not a whole lot more expensive than fiberglass. If you are going to use it on a whole suit expect to use 3-4 trial units depending on your scaling of pieces and such. For example: the helmet was hardened by mixing about 8-10 oz. of it in a plastic cup. poured it into the helmet then you just slush it around till it covers all the paper. do that one or two more times, whatever you need to make it where you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back