Molded Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spase said:
Well... unfortunatly... for whom I am not sure.. but I meant exactly what I said.. but please don't take anything out of context. We both have signfigant others. ;)

But I have other toys for her... so I suppose you can dream up other weird questionable acts as well.. because I painted it, but it is and AR from Adam's mold.

2603569970_bc4396ac5e.jpg

do u sell any AR's?

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice work. i'm a noob here and i have a question about molded armor, and i think you might be able to help me. So far i've made one helmet with pepakura out of normal paper just to see if I could get it right, now i'm going to start one with tag board. my question is this. how well do reinforced pep armor cast?

i'm thinking of trying to cast the armor pieces so i can then make molded suits. but i'm not sure if it will work, and i was hopeing someone with experience could enlighten me before i wast a ton of money on something that will end up as crap.

thanks
-Anubis

Anubis117 said:
very nice work. i'm a noob here and i have a question about molded armor, and i think you might be able to help me. So far i've made one helmet with pepakura out of normal paper just to see if I could get it right, now i'm going to start one with tag board. my question is this. how well do reinforced pep armor cast?

i'm thinking of trying to cast the armor pieces so i can then make molded suits. but i'm not sure if it will work, and i was hopeing someone with experience could enlighten me before i wast a ton of money on something that will end up as crap.

thanks
-Anubis
It's my understanding that molds can be made from reinforced pep without much trouble. Several people have done just that, so you might want to check out some of the threads in the molded armor section. You may also want to check out the technique of using the pep'd helmet as a one-off mold. Instead of fiberglassing the inside and smoothing/shaping the outside, you pour casting plastic into the pep'd helmet to get a plastic casting. The plastic is easier to sand and shape than bondo. Spartan 051 used this technique to great effect for his Mk VI helmet. Good luck with your build.

srry for cell phone pics, but shoulder/old comparison, plus attachment belt for the shoulders made from rubber

3c9481f00c.jpg

b09d9f707a.jpg

this gives a better view of the "fake" straps.

cfece901d3.jpg

Yeah, amazing improvement, the old shoulders look feeble and blocky in comparison. Definitely digging the screws and bolts.. looks more mechanized. Good job boys.

Cheers,
Kensai

Adam (& crew), as usual your work is amazing. I like the new shoulders better than the old ones. Definitely the definitive Marine armor thus far. What sort process was used to make these?

adawong747 said:
can i buy some off you??

There is no discussion of purchases allowed here. If you want to discuss such matters, keep it off the board. Thanks!

Cheers,
Kensai

wow, and I thought the old ones looked great..the new ones look amazing!
I'm liking the strap attachment thing too.

o_O it's times like this when I wish my paypal account was full. Very nice work! I love the attachment belt idea, it looks perfect!

I wish i hap armor like that, i had a marine halo 3 helmet going really great, but it was WAY to big. I am really sad about that now (y)

lol no new posts?

Keep an eye on your post dates trunks!! This topic has dead for almost a year, way beyond bringing back to life!! General rule: if a topic hasn't been posted on for 30-45 days, you should probably just leave it be, unless it is your topic. Just a friendly reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back