Molded = Tough... Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man thats tough.Ill remember that next time someone wants to sit on my head ha ha.
Will you be doing the full armor?

Once things slow down I will be able to get back to the full armor... probably finish some time in January, because December will be the time for trying to peddle my next creation... noobs of Halo 3 will unite, fight, claw, and scratch to get one...

Maybe for the next video I will lend it to Travis Pastrana for his triple back flip onto his skull attempt...

Awesome Spase!

I know it's a long shot, but I hope to put enough work into my helmet to want to attempt to make a mold...

I know you've got the full helm on eBay, but are you thinking of selling just the raw pulls? Let me know, I'm definitely interested...

Nicktendo said:
Awesome Spase!

I know it's a long shot, but I hope to put enough work into my helmet to want to attempt to make a mold...

I know you've got the full helm on eBay, but are you thinking of selling just the raw pulls? Let me know, I'm definitely interested...

I second the interest in raw pulls as well, I enjoy painting process so it takes the fun out if it's finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool video, and great looking helmets!

(That was originally based of the h3 pep file right?)

wow nice, 100+ pounds, but many things can take that, a real display of strength would be shooting a projectile of some sort, either way that is definatly tough.

At least you know you can pwn bullies with that stuff on, I'd imagine slamming someone with a fist full of spartan armor of that type would do some real damage :)

ive never doene this befo...... *CRACK!* arrrrgh! Lol, looked like you were sitting on somthing in the backgorund.

Damn thats tough, Mine can withstand punches and thrown objects but I don't think mine can do that, it would probably crack and then fall apart >.>

At least I know that that mold is very tough.

are you using smooth-on (SC) roto? I have a clone trooper lid made of that stuff, hard as nails. nice helmets BTW :)

Impressive! We want to see how strong it really is, so you have to wear one and have someone sit on your head. Seriously though, that is some strong stuff.

That would have been YouTube gold if that helmet had collapsed on you when you sat on it!

:lol:

Nice to see that it didn't though. What urethane are you using? Looks like tough stuff!

Sean Bradley said:
That would have been YouTube gold if that helmet had collapsed on you when you sat on it!

:lol:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. But great helmet, whoever's gonna get thing is going to be one lucky bastard! :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't sitting on something... I stood up, picked the helmet up and put it on... was there anything behind me... no... skeptics..

Well... I could shoot it with a paint ball gun... but why not pay the $10 dollars a round price tag on a 50 cal round... that would make a nice video... seeing the helmet actually take a head shot, we could find out why the chief takes one to the dome and dies so easily... I am pretty sure the 50 cal rifle round will disintegrate it.

Look for the 50 cal MC head shot video... coming DEC 07 (and yes of course I wont actually being wearing it)....

My boss has plenty of .50 cal guns. Im going to be taking one of my previous fiberglass attempts and video it and see what happens :p

Spase I think you've already done quite enough to humor these ballistics nuts..

It's a costume.... it's not real armor idiots... We don't live in the future and you're not going to be indiucted into the spartan program... deal with it.

You're just encouraging people to shoot each other while wearing your helmet as protection.... are you new to litigation? I hear it's fun..

No.... I don't mean to insight people to try it, as in I am a Firearm safety fanatic...

Never point a weapon at another person, loaded, unloading, joking or not. Plastic is certainly not bullet proof and I was kidding, as stated at the end when I said I wouldn't actually being wearing it (I meant I wouldn't be wearing it or trying it).

It hurts me enough to think that people would consider trying this in reality. People might actually construed something so silly as reference to an action in humor as way to see if it would really work. Besides, I would never test a projectile on my self, my friends, or anything living.

As a matter of fact, I would never "test what a projectile" in any capacity, thats not to say I don't own weapons, I do hunt... but I am most certainly not certified to perform such tests, and I hope anyone reading this or my last post knows that it was merely in humor, not in any way serious. Firearm test are to be performed by trained professionals, or the folks at Myth Busters.

Thanks for pointing out Sean that not everyone is intelligent and knows the difference between sarcasm/humor and reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back