Monster Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoFett140

I wanted to do this when i first got my case but didn't have time. now that I'm in between my suits i have time for these projects. 1 thing I'm not doing anymore is cutting them M into the side and the putting plastic behind it with leds.the first reason is that side is against a wall and the other reason is all my cords now run there so i dont want to weaken the panel. ( i just learned through a typo that wealen is a word)
th_desktop4mod.jpg

what i am still doing is painting the differetn flavor names on teh drivebay doors. im replacing the front name plate with a fiberglass one that says monster energy. finally im replacing the x on the side with the M
th_DESKTOP1edit.jpg
th_DESKTOP1.jpg

also heres my stero cabnet turned storage unit, there is a light in ther but it only light up the top half due to the shelf. the my is painted in glow in the dark paint, but its not very strong.
th_0902082336.jpg
th_0904082055.jpg

EDIT: heres a pic of it on the desk. th_100_3643.jpg

Tell me what you think.
note someday once i start casting i will paint up a monster helmet XD

It's cool, but... just don't do that.
As you maybe know, there are parts in modern computers, that emit radiation at 3 Ghz and even more.
By making windows in your case you open windows for that radiation.
If you want your brain roasted in microwave oven, you may do that.
But I'm highly don't recommend to do such thing. That's not healthy.
Maybe hair splitting metal fence after windows will help to prevent radiation, but anyway imho fully closed metal case is still ideal for computers.

bevbor said:
As you maybe know, there are parts in modern computers, that emit radiation at 3 Ghz and even more.

im not making any new holes in my case. the side panel is 1 aluminum piece with a piece of acrylic plastic or Plexiglas glass screwed to it. so ill be modding the aluminum but the plastic remains fully intact. Thanks for your concern. Also my computer is safer then ever before right now because i fixed my power strip so there isnt 54 volts randomly going through my case. let me tell you that shock will check you by surprise, especially when you shock your nose...... i wasnt hurt just surprised. what hurt was my backwards jerk landed my head on my monitor mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
just out of curiosity where did you here that computers emit radiation because this is a new one to me and I sit next to open computers day in and day out, not to mention case mods are a standard for computer geeks like me I even modded one to have a window with a blue glowing superman emblem. Being that I am A super huge fan of the main man himself.

Nice mod jango it looks sharp.

Vampyredh said:
just out of curiosity where did you here that computers emit radiation because this is a new one to me and I sit next to open computers day in and day out, not to mention case mods are a standard for computer geeks like me I even modded one to have a window with a blue glowing superman emblem. Being that I am A super huge fan of the main man himself.

Nice mod jango it looks sharp.

Its electromagnetic radiation. But its mostly the monitor than the tower.

Taken from Site about EM radiation

" Yes. The computer monitor (also called the video display terminal or VDT) contains a flyback transformer that controls electron beams to produce the image you see on your screen. The transformer produces "very low frequency" (VLF) electromagnetic radiation. In addition, computers emit "extremely low frequency" (ELF) electromagnetic fields."

well that would be a monitor then not a tower or pc case as a lot of others call it.

If radiation from a pc was even noticable they sure woulnd't make cases with ten fan openings or all vented like they do that would be like saying using a cell phone cause brain cancer. and to this date that has yet to be proven.

bevbor said:
But I'm highly don't recommend to do such thing. That's not healthy.
Maybe hair splitting metal fence after windows will help to prevent radiation, but anyway imho fully closed metal case is still ideal for computers.

Hate to break it to you but Electromagnetic Radiation is what is known to the human race as Visible Light (The Electromagnetic Spectrum). So your computer monitor would of course have to emit electromagnetic radiation and fields for you to see anything on the screen.

The harmful stuff like X and Gamma rays travel right through metal. Those are the ones that can kill you. If modern computers emitted that, you'd need some kind of hazardous materials permit to own one, not to mention that your computer would be encased in lead and then encased a concrete block (Gamma rays go right through lead!) instead of surrounding the parts in a 20 gauge galvanized steel sheet enclosure that will dent if you tap it hard with your thumb.

Addendum: X-rays do not go through lead or osmium, but they do go through pretty much everything else. And Gamma rays do indeed go through anything except concrete.

Jango, that case you are going to mod was one I was gunna get from Newegg a couple years ago. I liked the green glow to it.

Spartan857 said:
Jango, that case you are going to mod was one I was gunna get from Newegg a couple years ago. I liked the green glow to it.

its a decent case. i think its studier then most say. i got a rosewell power supply that had blue led fans that i replaced with green led fans. its a great case for $40, especially since i was planning on modding it.

i think im going to try redoing the front panel in aluminum instead of fiberglass at work tomorrow.

I would mod my case but I have a laptop....so no case to mod....

Like the glowing green though! I did see some LED fans on newegg that changed colors every few seconds. I was going to build myself a pc from an all acrylic case I found on there.

I dont wanna seem like iam stealing your thread, but yet iam just showin ya my pc.

Ive been wanting to mod my case for a while. I have a Soyo CX-5959, a friend of Spartan161 sold me the pc for 100 bux, not too bad of a price for it, although the vid card and processor need to be upgraded.

I was thinkin of paintin it black and green (I like spawn lol) and doin some kind of design on the side of a wolf (big into wolves too lol).

picture012ks4.jpg
picture013xx2.jpg

no worries. i love seeing other comps. anyway i stated earlier that i was gonna look into doing the front out of aluminum. thats because i was having trouble cutting the small details and im afraid the amount of fibeglass and resin it will need to not break will ruin the detail. my origanal plan was to print it out on cardstock. then fold sheet in half and glue it for double stregnth.
th_100_3639.jpg
th_100_3640.jpg
i used a bit to much glue and got ripples, but i wasnt to worried. then in trying to cut it out i realized the stated problems i might have with this. so at school tomorrow i will mess with it again.

yea I hate those little problems that come up when things seem to be goin good. The my comp case is aluminum and the one side I wanna mod first has tons of tiny holes in it I have to fill, plus I have to flatten the soyo logo. Its gunna be fun, but its been put aside seen as my moms comp died and its the main comp for my mom and I.

Edit- I changed my mind on the wolf Idea, wanna do a predator design. lol I change my mind as much as I change socks.

Well yesterday and today I worked on the side panel. ended up rough cutting the grinding out the three pieces. I realized a couldn't weld them on because of my free floating piece so i epoxied them straight to the plastic and it seems to be fine. tomorrow we start work on the CnC machine. I pray its a quick fix i want to use it so BAD. depending on who it goes depends on teh front. im going to start the painting soon also. just need to get the paint pens.

so about the flash problems. i have the camera i have because it fell and now the flash is moody.

th_100_3662.jpg
th_100_3663.jpg
th_100_3667.jpg
th_100_3668.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back