Mortal Kombat Deception: Sub-Zero Scrapbuild (Very Pic Heavy))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, it was all from one picture, the one on page 1.
PS- I was actually thinking about making the full suit, but didn't know if I should. The main Intimidator for the full suit build is the dragon face on the shoulders and belt piece. That's really it. And I'll have more progress pics after the weekend when I get more glue for the hot glue gun, I promise.

I got more glue and put in plenty of supports:
979764f9.jpg

6f9fcf32.jpg

f47de7d0.jpg

I'm going to start working on the trident top and the sides of the mask. With the added supports most bends and contortions pop back into place. With that said do any Infantrymen that might pass through this thread think I should do any further strengthening, or continue on with it being flexible? Any comments or suggestions are wanted.

It's looking good :) If I were doing it I would put some cross bracing around the crown of it. You don't want it to be fairly rigid. Look at a round top birdcage for reference to what I'm thinking. I think you may need a ring at the bends along the top basically. It may be a little hard to get the shape though...

It's looking good :) If I were doing it I would put some cross bracing around the crown of it. You don't want it to be fairly rigid. Look at a round top birdcage for reference to what I'm thinking. I think you may need a ring at the bends along the top basically. It may be a little hard to get the shape though...

I was actually considering making small segments instead of a whole ring, which is very hard to get for the crown.

Update: I made a support ring for the crown.
d9a340c8.jpg

I also finished the sides of the mask.
5ec0a497.jpg

I dont feel like double posting, in the same day.

Kinda failed on the first attempt at the trident, but on the bright side I have the mask and general helmet ready for hardening.
682dbe08.jpg

7d9d77bc.jpg

Well I sure will stick around to see how it comes out!
:D
+1 subscribe

Thanks for the incentive, I'm currently working on putting the card stock on the "birdcage" part of the helmet, and it's good you subscribed, I'll be on page 3 about 20 minutes after this post, sad but true.

Just read through your thread to catch up lol. In regards to thinking bout doing the whole suit, i'd wait and see how brilliant the mask looks when its finished first, might give you the extra incentive to complete the look of sub-zero awesomeness (completely understandable why the dragon is a deterrent). Nice job reinforcing the crown, it looks like you went with the individual pieces which was probably the best option particularly in the event that god forbid it needs modification or repair in the future. Keep up the good work.

@ZOM8I3-Thanks, your masks are really coming along.
@Animagmus-I actually have decided to not go with the the full suit in gonna pay all attention to my Mask+Helm.
@ReveilleWolfie- Thanks man, It means a lot.

Update: I finished 85% of covering the helmet pictures soon.

"Freeze" Louise! These are turning out great! I hope it comes out as a "flawless victory" when you "finish him!"

Sorry, couldn't help it! Its looking great man, keep it up!

I love sub zero :D I went out for halloween with my buddy as Scorpion last year, good times.

It looks good so far, keep it up!

How did this come out? Im curious on making it myself

Unless you have something profound to add to a thread, it's not recommended to unearth a dead thread. Rule of thumb, if it's been inactive for over two or three months, leave it alone if you have nothing to contribute. If you have a question for the author, try PMing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back