Most Accurate Odst? (Could A Mod Please Lock This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boba Fett

I've been wanting to do a WETA ODST for some time now, but 'm stuck on the helmet. Which is most accurate? NT-KZ's or Ruze's modification in Skullcandygirl's odst file base? Or, is the Rookie ODST helmet more accurate? It seems the weta odst was very wide, but the pep files appear taller and narrower. NT-KZ (forgive me if I got that name wrong, never got the right order :p) seems to have the most accurate, but I really don't know... and I don't care if his takes forever, first, I'm fine with that, second, I re-unfolded it anyway to make it smoother and easier to pep. Any thoughts? And what's the difference between WETA's and the standard Halo 3 BR?

Um... I know the rookie odst has some flaws in it that are hard to fix without a lot of bondo. It sorts of depends i guess. Nztk's odst has recessed chin things (i dont know what they are called...) and the rookie's doesnt. I dont think they are supposed to be lowered tho in the weta model. if those dont work, i know forgedreclaimer has good ones. it just needs detailing carved into it with a dremel after the bondo

Now I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, but what model should I use if I am trying to make the ODST helmet perm from H3? It has some differences from the H3 ODST helmet.

I believe the Rookie ODST. Forged reclaimer then... But is his in line with WETA? I can't spot the differences, besides basic shape differences.

Brandon McClain said:
Forged Reclaimer's is more Game accurate vs Weta. Im more of a game accurate person.

mine is also not released yet, the fully complete hd with built in ridges model. been waiting on maleck for the unfold, i know hes a busy person but i might get another unfolder for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ForgedReclaimer said:
mine is also not released yet, the fully complete hd with built in ridges model. been waiting on maleck for the unfold, i know hes a busy person but i might get another unfolder for it.

Definitely ask Brothers Darkness if you decide to have someone else unfold it.

I REALLY like the ones based off the Rundown model, but the trouble is that they have a quadrilateral right above the side vents that shouldn't be there. other than that, in my opinion, the rundown rookie is almost perfect.

ForgedReclaimer said:

Ohhh... ummm... I saw it in your portfolio and downloaded it... oops. I AM unfolding it currently though, smoothly. If you'd like, I can let you inspect it when done. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to download it, my bad. But I want to do a WETA odst. I'm not going for a game accurate. It looks great, and very close to Weta... Aw heck, I just use your regardless.

Boba Fett said:
Ohhh... ummm... I saw it in your portfolio and downloaded it... oops. I AM unfolding it currently though, smoothly. If you'd like, I can let you inspect it when done. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to download it, my bad. But I want to do a WETA odst. I'm not going for a game accurate. It looks great, and very close to Weta... Aw heck, I just use your regardless.

hey, if someone finds my file, the rights to unfold are theirs lol. just as long as they let me know.

Ok,once I'm done, pm you the link to the file. I have meleck's dutch unfold, so I'll follow the same principal for unfolding. He can have a break. ;)

I've been looking for the regular 0DST helmet as well, not the Rookie one, but the one from Halo 3. I'm building the 0DST spartan perm from Halo 3; {my icon.} and I'm really not that keen on using the Rookie one since it doesn't match up the the regular 0DST's helmet. I like Forged Reclaimer's helmet, but I'm not keen on having 204 pieces, and I'd rather have a Med-Def version so I can add the details myself, rather than have all those extra pieces with the Hi-Def one. Is there any plans to have a regular 0DST modeled instead of the Hi-Def one?

Well, I am pretty sure that NZTK's model was modeled based off of the WETA ODST, so I would probably go with that. =/

I absolutely wouldn't recommend using the original one, Ruzes edit was a big improvement.

I actually thought yours was more accurate. This thread's served it's purpose, so if any mods can, could they please lock it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back