Motocross Helmet to MC helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke6785

Jr Member
ok guys im taking an old MX helmet and making a master cheif helmet out of it have already sanded it and all that i took some styrofoam and molded the lights out of that and am thinking of paper mache' the rest and over the foam...tell me what u think...im open to all options

thnks

zeke6785 said:
ok guys im taking an old MX helmet and making a master cheif helmet out of it have already sanded it and all that i took some styrofoam and molded the lights out of that and am thinking of paper mache' the rest and over the foam...tell me what u think...im open to all options
thnks
I think the Mc helmet will end up being big... :\ Cuz just the helmet is big by itself...

Last edited by a moderator:
zeke6785 said:
its actually a youth with the padding out so i think it looks alright ill post a pic on my next post

that must look cool when its finished

yea im trying 2 have it done by tuesday so i can wear it to hat day at my school but idk if its gonna happen...im hopin

zeke6785 said:
its actually a youth with the padding out so i think it looks alright ill post a pic on my next post

Yeah, I'd like to see it as well, as I was going to use one for my Carmine (Gears of War) costume, but it's was like...huge. At least I got the padding out of it for the MC helmet :p

4ng31 tht sounds sweet cramine wil be awesome i deff wanna c tht but ill try 2 finsish it tomorro and take some pics for u all

started paper macheing today...looking pretty good so fat so well have 2 see hwo it turns out...hopin for the best

well guys it all screwed up :mad: .....paper mache didnt stick and when it did it never dreid so i just scraped it all off and am startin over with thicker paste and new foam molds so itll be another week before im done but o well thats wat u get with trial and error

zeke6785 said:
well guys it all screwed up :mad: .....paper mache didnt stick and when it did it never dreid so i just scraped it all off and am startin over with thicker paste and new foam molds so itll be another week before im done but o well thats wat u get with trial and error
You reall should just try and make it from sratch with whatever desired material you decide to use!!! MC's Head i.e helmet is pretty perpendicular to his body, but people have said he is NOT anatomically correct, which is true! But thats our theory as well we havn't started on master chiefs helm yet but we precdict a good solid biuld when the time comes on to the chest and back plate for us, what ever you decide hope all end well and good luck ;)

others have done it in the past, i'm sure you can too. be careful when attaching things to it though, helmets are usually slick so things fall off (or break off after a while)

Youll have to ruff the helmet up. Use a really ruff sander and thatll give whatever material your using something to stick to. That is, if you dont mind ruining the finish of the helmet, which, shouldnt be a problem since its being converted anyway....right ?

ok guys i know its been awhile but IM BACK with good news that i AM starting over and decided to use fibergalss + resin to mold the details..i just need to know what weight cloth to use and how much i may need...can some one help me...itll be much appriciated :D

worthng6.gif

I'm gonna come out and just say that is gonna take a lot of work to make that helm look authentic.
And by a lot I mean intense reshaping of your entire helmet.
For one your motocross helmet is too bulbous.
the lens is to large
overall it's just too round.
The mark VI has it's round points but overall it squares at its joints forming angles.

Best of luck to ya.

i agree, if you want to fit a pep helmet around it, that may work, but making a helmet to the chief's helmet just wont make it look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back