Moz's Mark 5 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick ass suit, so far man...

Also, owengorkon....No matter how funy your sig is, I don't think we're allowed to have political stuff in this forum.

owengorkon: despite how most of the planet seems to be pro obama halo is set in a neo facist future thus current politics are irrelevant.

Not to mention if we let politics loose we'll have ron paulies come out of the wood work and then people will have to make their suits in gold which is more expensive then the resin we use now.

I must say all people who have suits sympathize with McCain as we also can't raise our arms above our shoulders.

... OK I'm done. :p

OK. here is some real content.

The place I wanted to get my hex bolts from is closed sundays so I'll show off what I have so far.

This was built with aircraft scissors, hot glue gun, resin, a drill press and by bloody cut hands.

The stomach piece is composite with mat board which still has to be resined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's rocking it old school Moz. Fantastic work! I'm especially loving the LED covers on the helm and real steel chestplate makes it very unique.

owengorkon said:
MOZ,
I'm using your pep files for my mk 5...you're amazing. Helmet looks great!

True dat! lol this is looking awsome so far! Im also starting to make a mk5 suit from your files.

MOZ this is great! this is exactly how i made my Gears of war shins(only with aluminum). How thick is that steel, and or what kind of steel is this, because I want to amke something like this!

It's crunch time gents.

(the stomach pouches are temporary, still need to make them)

I have to finish fibreglassing the shoulders, belt and butt plate, and I need to fabricate the thigh, leg and boot pieces.

The backpack has a LED in it that lights up, but it's just held in with tape for the picture.

As you can see hex bolts are an intergral part of the design. Because the Mark 5 suit is so un-detailed it gives me a lot of creative freedom. I've decided to take the suit into modern-ish realism territory. Plus it makes for strong assembly.

ok, putting a lot of criticism in the next few lines..
the arms are rather skinny, the chest is kinda flat (but can't complain you worked hard with metal and tin snips man!) the chest shows a lot of your under suit, the back of helmet could you some detailing
now for props, great strapping, the back is AWESOME! Nice LEDs, rather beautiful helmet!

I was sitting in the store..staring at some steel plate and thinking about this...low and behold I return home to find someone else is doing it. Good luck and don't let anything get you down!.

More Progress.

I've added some of the soft armour to the chest. Seems it is too thick at the top and is throwing off the shape. There are only 4 bolts on the whole suit that are just for show, so if you are smart you can see how the webbing is set up. The antenna is actually from the beta version of Halo: CE that I've reintroduced to fit with the "modern" theme.

I've still got to paint and attach the ammo pouches. I've decided to use hard plastic boxes for a more high tech look. The belt isn't accurate but because of the trouble the thighs have been giving me I've decided to give it a more mark VI design.

Still need to fabricate the thigh pieces and the shoes. The lower leg pieces are already fibreglassed and just need to be painted. The forearm pieces are actually off of another costume for that half life 2 short I did and they use to be for a HEV suit. I need to build up on them to make them fit with the rest of the design. The nerf rifle is on the back burner right now, but it's in a usable state, just needs the cowl. I also need to make the reflective squares to put on the armour.

The shoulder straping is also giving me some issues I need to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back