MrJamin's 3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
This armor came out just great in the end! i'm gonna have to make a trip to you one day to check it out for sure.

Final Update for a while! (There are still a few things I want to do before I actually call this suit done)

I will say that this journey has basically reached the end. Last week Thursday night I finally did a full suit-up and got to see a dream of mine come into reality.

View attachment 321621View attachment 321622View attachment 321623View attachment 321624

Even though I spent countless hours making this - I am still blown away by how it looked when it all came together.

My wife even took a video of me doing a full spin to see it from all angles:
View attachment 321627

(You can also see some of these images and the video up on Instagram - Login • Instagram)

After I did the suit-up on Thursday I packed it into a crate to drive down to Chicago on Friday for C2E2. This was my first time attending a convention and I wore the suit for ~6 Hours on Saturday. (Wore my Traxus on Friday with other folks)

View attachment 321625View attachment 321620
(photos credit of Benton188 and Fallen)

I honestly can't wait to see even more pictures from the weekend as they become available.
I am so motivated right now...thanks

Updated picture from taking the kids out for trick-or-treat tonight.

IMG_4813.jpg

I got a bunch of fun looks and pictures from people as we walked around the neighborhood. The best though was a pizza delivery guy pulled over when he drove by and gave me a 5$ gift card for "having an awesome costume"

Was the Pizza Delivery guy from Papa Johns? Get it?
Also, I was looking at your suit over the last couple of days, getting an idea of how you did the airbrushing - really helped with mine!

Updated picture from taking the kids out for trick-or-treat tonight.

View attachment 324909

I got a bunch of fun looks and pictures from people as we walked around the neighborhood. The best though was a pizza delivery guy pulled over when he drove by and gave me a 5$ gift card for "having an awesome costume"
i love the color of the armor and the pizza guy most know what a good set of armor looks like..

I recently got a 3D printer (Prusa i3mk3s) and after finding the files from MoeSizzlac and helmet from Rainyfire on Thingiverse I decided I might want to print my own set in the future. The real push over the edge was stumbling on the full post of the build by JGPenland (found the cosplay Reddit post and he commented there to bring my back to 405th)

I've been playing around with and getting my printer dialed in and I can proudly say that I have finished printing the helmet. Next steps are to order more filament so that I can begin printing the armor and finish assembling the helmet. I will keep this post updated as I progress with my build. I am trying to get tickets to San Diego Comic Con next year and if I do I would use that as a goal to have my armor complete to wear for that.

First Attempt at printing part of the helmet: (Note the layer shifts since I hadn't dialed in my printer)
View attachment 280340
This piece ended up failing about half way through the print. That is OK though since I got it to print successfully the second time without layer shifts.

Here is the helmet mostly complete and currently being held together with painters tape:
View attachment 280341

Here is the helmet fully printed (still held together with painters tape). At this point I just had to put it on for a test fit! My wife ended up having to help me take it off since the opening was slightly too small and I couldn't get it off of my head without taking it apart. (there was some harassment about it too)
View attachment 280342

After the helmet sat on my desk for a few days I finally got around to taking the painters tape off and started to assemble it:

View attachment 280343

This is current state. I will post more pictures as it continues to progress.
Looking good!

Long time no update!

I got to wear my armor out again this weekend with RandomRanger and moderndaymarc at AMKE!

It was a blast and I can't wait for more pictures to roll in.

2023-02-04 21_49_33-@gen_gen.909 • Instagram photos and videos.png
2023-02-04 22_19_26-#amke hashtag on Instagram • Photos and videos.png

After wearing my suit at C2E2 the main annoyance that I had found was having a tether between my helmet and my suit to get power to the fans/electronics.

So - of course - a few days before AMKE I decided to do some helmet surgery to try to fix this. I also had a loose wire from Halloween that I needed to fix too.

IMG_4178.jpg

These were the battery banks I had previously used:
IMG_4179.jpg

The new one (Link) is much smaller and fits great!
IMG_4198.jpg
IMG_4199.jpg

I ran my Arduino, 2 White LEDs, 2 RGB LEDs, and 2 fans for ~5.5 hours and the battery still had more than half charge left.

Second post -

I also still haven't gone through with deployment for this suit. I still have a few things left I want to do before I take that step.

To Do:
- Lights in Thighs
- Neck Seal

I'm glad you guys had a blast, the upgrade is nice to see I went to a smaller more power bank my self. Maybe one day I will get over there to go to a con with ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back