Multi Regiment Event: Florence, KY Minor League Baseball Game, June 1, 2018.

Can you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
For the past four years the MidWest Regiment has coordinated an appearance with the Florence Freedom professional baseball team. We have been invited back once again for their "Video Game Night" this year on June 1, 2018.

Details are still in the planning stages, but the Freedom reached out to me with the date, so I wanted to give everyone an advance head's up.

The first two years of this event, it was specifically "Halo Night," but the dwindling attendance by our members, down to just 3 last year, has led the Freedom to officially call the event "Video Game Night" the past two years. I would absolutely love for us to have a huge showing again and really impress the team and show them what we can do. Maybe even convince them to change it back to "Halo Night" in the future ;) . In the past they have been more than willing to set up out of state attendees with Hotel rooms, and we are always well fed and well cared for during the game.

Event Name: Florence Freedom Video Game Night
Date: June 1, 2018
Time: Game time 7:05 PM, arrive around 6:05.
Location: UC Health Stadium, 7950 Freedom Way, Florence. KY 41042.

Last edited:
So, the Team put out their promotional schedule this week. The Video Game night isn't listed for June 1st, but that is only because we have had such a small showing the past two years, with such last minute commitments, that they are holding off on announcing or publicizing "Video Game Night" until I can give them a firm number of commitments.

I am currently making arrangements to be available for this event. Gotta represent! <3

Game time is 7:05 PM, gates open to the public at 6:05 PM. If you can be there in time to suit up before gates open, that is great. I also understand that it is a Friday night and getting there before 6 puts people in rush hour, so I find understand if people can't make it until close to or after gates open.

Unfortunately, because of our low expected turn out again this year the team is doing a split promotion between X-Men Night and "Video Game Night." Due to more confirmed X-Men costumers attending, that will be the primary focus of their Marketing for the night, including the Jerseys for the night, but the Freedom still want us there and the night will officially be both X-Men and Video Game Night.

So it looks like the Halo turnout is going to be low again this year? That's a bummer. To make things worse, my helmet was accidently smashed (not by me) and I have no idea how to fix it. Plus I face having surgery on my right shoulder. I may have to miss this years event.

Because of lower turn-out, are hotels not be provided for out of state travellers? I am coming from illinois but if I have not hotel to stay at a day prior this even wont be possible for me.

In the past the hotels had been provided for the night of the game, I do not think they provided for the the day prior to the game.

But, yes, because of the turn out, there has been no offer made. I can ask about a room for after the game, but I don't think they are willing to provide one for before the game, especially since it is a night game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back