Multiplayer Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

I've noticed that some people like to carry flags around while wearing their armour, yet I have not seen anyone with the proper flag staff.

To solve that, I'm making pep files for the skull and the crescent that go at the top. I'll leave it up to you to find a pole to glue them to.

I need some input before I finish up the skull, though:
skull_progress.jpg

I cleaned up the nose a bit, and made spaces the way a real skull would be (pic 2, the blue area).

First off, I deleted the teeth to simplify construction (a lot). My first question is, should I include just the teeth as a seperate file, or just leave it up to you to get your own teeth if you want them?

Second, should I delete the handle like protrusions (highlighted in pic 3) to simplify construction?

And third, should the roof of the mouth (seen in pic 1) be solid or should it be deleted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Update:
skull_progress2.jpg

Skull beta pdo
Crescent pdo

i wouldnt bother putting the teeth as seperate, they'd be easier to make out of something else like mache.

ide say delete the skinner parts of the protrusions but leave a bit on te model so you know where to put then yourself when its built

ant the roof ofthe mouth should be solid. try stick your tounge straight up... there ya go.

oh and ide get rid of the midle bit of the nose too. far easier to do it later with thick card or mache then tryin to renforce card

Good to know some people are interested in this. :)

I'm working on the nose right now. I have to rework the sides a little now that the center bit is gone.

I left the crescent exactly the way it is, and unfolded it in pepakura. It's not that bad despite the seeming complexity of some of the details. A few things to change around in the unfolding and it will be done.

nice work my friend is trying to make some ACCURATE halo fags [WTF] i mean flags.... but he needs to get a floppy disk...

LEAVE THE HANDLES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stress how important they are in the look of the skull. They hold the jaw on, and look cool. Please, don't take them! People who are familiar with skulls will KILL YOU.

Alright, the skull is almost done. I have to clean up the top of the nose and the eyes and the model will be done.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
"I can see the fag. Its so......Flappy"

Eh, it's spelled flag.
Perfect example of how spelling makes all the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I was actually thinking about this yesterday. I was at a 501st troop at a store, this was around halloween, and they had this skull sitting there on a shelf. Looked very much like the one from halo 3. I thought about gettting it and just moding it as the top of the flag

Spartan 061 said:
Nice job there. What Program are you using to make the model?

I'm using Wings 3d. Someone posted it here awhile back because its primary function is splitting or combining models, which is great for getting pieces of armour off a full person model. But it also has basic modeling capabilities, and I found a neat trick for smoothing and combining faces. This skull is just the one out of the weapons model pack, but don't be surprised if you start seeing custom models from me soon. ;)

For the amount of effort you put into this couldn't you just get a molded skull?

I'm all for the skull pep file though... I'd make that

xalener said:
Eh, it's spelled flag.
Perfect example of how spelling makes all the difference.

WOW! :eek: i read that over and over again and never caught that. Sorry bout that *hangs head in shame*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back